Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for a book on aeronautical Engineering

1. Sep 26, 2008 #1
    hi,

Please i need help to find a really good book for Aeronautical Engineering. i want an easy, step by step in detail full explanation with key words in back of the book or something like that. i am in first year now and i looked at the engineering section in university but there are only few books on that subject. i find it really hard to follow the lecture. so, teacher told me to look in the library but i couldn't find the book that i was looking for. Please let me know as soon as possible.

Please!!!!! Please!!!!! Please!!!!! Please!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 30, 2008 #2
    I actually have the type of book your looking for. It's a very detailed step by step guide on aeronautics. It starts with general concepts and builds up on them. Only two problems:

1) It's not with me at the moment so I won't be able to tell you the title until I go home.

2) It might be out of print, it was given to me when I was a kid. I had a growing interest in airplanes and a family member of mine was an engineer so he let me have the book to fuel my interest, ironically it was way over my head at the time so I couldn't understand any of it until today. The book was from the 80's. It's a really good book though so I think they might still publish it today.

Either way I'll find out what it is and get back to you on it in about a week and a half or so.

4. Sep 30, 2008 #3

D H

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I'd recommend "Fundamentals of Astrodynamics and Applications (3rd Edition)" by David Vallado.

5. Oct 2, 2008 #4
    thanks!!! i will look into it. are you sure that Astrodunamics and Aeronautic are very similar. i appreciate that you looked for me.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?