1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for a book on aeronautical Engineering

1. Sep 26, 2008 #1
    hi,

Please i need help to find a really good book for Aeronautical Engineering. i want an easy, step by step in detail full explanation with key words in back of the book or something like that. i am in first year now and i looked at the engineering section in university but there are only few books on that subject. i find it really hard to follow the lecture. so, teacher told me to look in the library but i couldn't find the book that i was looking for. Please let me know as soon as possible.

Please!!!!! Please!!!!! Please!!!!! Please!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 30, 2008 #2
    I actually have the type of book your looking for. It's a very detailed step by step guide on aeronautics. It starts with general concepts and builds up on them. Only two problems:

1) It's not with me at the moment so I won't be able to tell you the title until I go home.

2) It might be out of print, it was given to me when I was a kid. I had a growing interest in airplanes and a family member of mine was an engineer so he let me have the book to fuel my interest, ironically it was way over my head at the time so I couldn't understand any of it until today. The book was from the 80's. It's a really good book though so I think they might still publish it today.

Either way I'll find out what it is and get back to you on it in about a week and a half or so.

4. Sep 30, 2008 #3

D H

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I'd recommend "Fundamentals of Astrodynamics and Applications (3rd Edition)" by David Vallado.

5. Oct 2, 2008 #4
    thanks!!! i will look into it. are you sure that Astrodunamics and Aeronautic are very similar. i appreciate that you looked for me.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook