Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Online Website suggestions - First Year Uni Student NEED HELP!

1. Mar 12, 2012 #1
    Hey im a first year at Auckland Uni studying Physics. Does anyone have any good websites where i may find interactive resources and information to help me with my first module which is about...
    Curvilinear Motion - motion without rotation
    Units and dimensions. Dimensional analysis. Scalars. Motion in one dimension. Vectors: addition, subtraction, resolution into components, unit vectors, dot and cross product. Two-dimensional kinematics: projectile motion, uniform circular motion, relative velocity and reference frames. Inertia: centre of mass, conservation of momentum, force, Newton's laws, impulse. Forces and their applications: fundamental, contact, friction, drag, lift and thrust. Work, energy and power. Conservative and non-conservative forces. Conservation of Energy. Collisions – elastic, inelastic, explosive. Linear momentum, impulse.
    Rotational energy, moment of inertia. Static equilibrium. Torque, angular momentum, angular impulse. Rolling without/with slipping. Rotational quantities as vectors. Conservation of Angular Momentum. Gravitation: Newton's Law of Gravity, Kepler’s laws, application to spacecraft orbits. Precession.
    Thanks Heaps!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 12, 2012 #2
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  4. Mar 12, 2012 #3
    Hey,
    Sam's link is indeed the best one. I would suggest you youtube the topics which you find it hard to understand. Common students and teachers upload their tutorials to make learning great. It's quiet easy to grasp.
    Regards.
    Anu.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook