Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ooops! Must blood pressure medicine from the litter box.

1. Dec 25, 2007 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I just dropped a 3 month supply of blood pressure medicine into the cat box. Does the 30 second rule apply to capsules in the cat box? :uhh:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 25, 2007 #2
    30 second rule!:surprised

It's supposed to be the 3 second rule. If it were a 30 second rule I wouldn't need to buy plates. I'd just eat everything off my dirty floor and save a few bucks. What have you been eating that you would need a 30 second rule?

4. Dec 25, 2007 #3

Evo

3 seconds? I usually say if if you can still pry it off the floor, it's probably still good.

I just figured the cat box would be a factor. If I was desparate, I could open a capsule and pour the contents out. Luckily I'm not desperate, yet.

5. Dec 25, 2007 #4
    It depends on the state of the cat box. If it hasn't been used then I don't see a problem. If it has been used, but everything is dry then I might consider wiping off the capsules and just going for it. If the cat box is ummm, wet, then I would just get some new medicine. If you try one and it tastes like cat then you might want to get some new medicine. But remember this is coming from a guy who would eat things off the floor.

6. Dec 25, 2007 #5

Evo

Freshly scooped, clumping cat litter.

We will never know what I decide to do.

Thank goodness it wasn't the cheesecake the Evo Child brought me last night.

7. Dec 25, 2007 #6

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Sure they're fine, toxoplasmosis survival rates are on the rise. You're hardly likely to die at all.

8. Dec 25, 2007 #7

Evo

That's what I was thinking, I feel lucky.

9. Dec 25, 2007 #8
    That stuff has a fine powder to it. Im sure those pills are coated in the dust from the cat litter. I would NOT recommend consuming them.

10. Dec 25, 2007 #9

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Evo, if you're that serious about medical experimentation, you should throw away the pills and just eat the kitty litter.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2007
  11. Dec 25, 2007 #10

Evo

Aha! He's an indoor cat that eats dry cat food. I'm safe. Now that I've thrown all the pills away. :devil:

12. Dec 25, 2007 #11

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No problem; there is nothing like BP meds and almond roca to spice up the holidays! Add a little nog [with raw eggs] and enjoy. :biggrin:

13. Dec 25, 2007 #12

Evo

That is a very tasty looking cat box.

14. Dec 25, 2007 #13

Evo

Ok, moving onto another subject, what does it mean when you move your left shoulder and you hear and feel a lot of snapping and clicking and there is intense pain? This is the arm I broke.

15. Dec 25, 2007 #14

Astronuc

Where is the sound and feel of snapping and clicking coming from? Elbow, shoulder, collar bone, scapula? Where is the intense pain coming from? Did you have shoulder/collar bone X-rayed?

BP medicine? Is this to keep your BP up, since you mentioned that you have LPB?

16. Dec 25, 2007 #15

dst

Some new form of homeopathy?:grumpy:

17. Dec 25, 2007 #16
    Most snapping, popping and clicking noises our body makes is from tendons.

18. Dec 25, 2007 #17

turbo

Gold Member

Yep! I've got a right wrist, both knees, both ankles, and feet that pop and snap. It seems like lots of this increases when I've over-worked and gotten my arthritis flared up. I'm pretty sore today because I worked on my wood-pile yesterday, and my joints are noisy.

19. Dec 25, 2007 #18

Evo

I think the fact that my arm didn't heal properly causes me to hold it oddly and even relaxed, the muscles looked flex. That and I guess I'm getting old. :frown:

20. Dec 25, 2007 #19
    Yep getting old, ain't for sissys. But a hot compress may help the tendons to relax a bit.

21. Dec 25, 2007 #20

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Well since you didn't specify whose body does the popping and clicking and feeling of intense pain, it could mean you've just clobbered some poor slob who was only trying to sell you a vacuum cleaner.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?