1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Optical Design and Simulation Software

1. Sep 12, 2011 #1
    Hi all,

I am seeking for an optical design an simulation platform. There will be splitters, combiners and mirrors with precisely adjusted angles/positions. I will input the specs and position of all the components (including the light source) and want to view the corresponding optical path.

Has anyone come across to something like this ?

Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2011 #2
    There is a huge variety of commercial software to do these sorts of things, having a huge range of prices, but you'll have to specify in more detail what you want out of it. Just a picture of central rays? Imaging of a distributed object? Diffraction? Polarization? Plane view or with 3D tolerances? Types of glass and details of beamsplitter and mirror coatings? Etc.

4. Sep 12, 2011 #3
    Basically, I want plane view output of interference fringes. I want to be able to set properties of all the components used in an interferometer and log the system output for further processing. It would also be good if I could involve nonlinear crystals in the simulation.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook