Oscillation Frequency for Peak Voltage

In summary, the conversation discusses finding the frequency of a loop of wire based on given variables, including N for the number of turns. However, it is determined that N is not necessary in the equation and can be calculated using the laws of electromagnetism.
4Phreal

Homework Statement

Here is the prompt:

http://i.imgur.com/GsZck8J.jpg

Homework Equations

E(max) = NABw = 2pi*NABf

The Attempt at a Solution

E(max) = NABw = 2pi*NABf
= NA*B(nought)*2pi*f
1.50 / (NA*B(nought)*2pi) = f
f = 1.50 / N / ((2.50/100)^2*pi) / 0.109 / (2pi)

The problem I'm having is I don't know how to figure out N because it is not given, and I don't know any other equations that exclude the N variable.

Physics news on Phys.org
I suspect they have told you what N is.
What does N stand for in that equation?

N is the number of turns, and I suppose since this isn't a solenoid that N=1

That's the one - the problem statement specifically says "A loop of wire..." - that would be 1.

You could also have got there by applying the Laws of electromagnetism instead of trying to memorize specific results. Then you'd just derive an equation that never has an N in it... you'd feel more confident about the result too, but it would take a lot longer ;)

As a scientist, it is important to understand that sometimes, there may be missing information or variables in a problem. In this case, N represents the number of turns in the coil, which is a crucial factor in determining the oscillation frequency for peak voltage. Without knowing the value of N, it is not possible to accurately calculate the frequency.

However, we can still make some general observations based on the given information. We know that the frequency is directly proportional to the number of turns in the coil, the magnetic field strength, and the area of the coil. We also know that it is inversely proportional to the peak voltage and the resistance of the circuit.

Therefore, we can conclude that increasing the number of turns in the coil, the magnetic field strength, and the area of the coil will result in an increase in the oscillation frequency for peak voltage. On the other hand, increasing the peak voltage or resistance will result in a decrease in the frequency.

In order to accurately calculate the frequency, we will need to know the value of N. This can be obtained through further experimentation or by obtaining more information about the system. As a scientist, it is important to always consider the limitations of the given information and to acknowledge when further research or data is needed to fully solve a problem.

1. What is Oscillation Frequency for Peak Voltage?

Oscillation Frequency for Peak Voltage is a measure of the rate at which the voltage of a waveform reaches its highest point.

2. How is Oscillation Frequency for Peak Voltage calculated?

Oscillation Frequency for Peak Voltage can be calculated by dividing the number of oscillations within a set period of time by the duration of that time period.

3. What is the unit of measurement for Oscillation Frequency for Peak Voltage?

The unit of measurement for Oscillation Frequency for Peak Voltage is Hertz (Hz).

4. Why is Oscillation Frequency for Peak Voltage important?

Oscillation Frequency for Peak Voltage is important because it helps to determine the stability and efficiency of an electrical circuit or system, and can also impact the performance of electronic devices.

5. How does Oscillation Frequency for Peak Voltage relate to other measures of voltage?

Oscillation Frequency for Peak Voltage is closely related to other measures of voltage such as average voltage and root mean square (RMS) voltage. However, it provides a more accurate representation of the highest voltage point in a waveform.