1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Oscillator Experiment

1. Jun 22, 2005 #1
    I have been trying to find a technique for an Experiment (variation) of the projected space based on R Penrose idea in his book:The road to reality-page 384 fig.17.1

The chapter deals with Spacetime, if there is anyone who can help me with an experiment here on PF, I think there is an interesting outcome with respect to a number of Spacetime descriptive meanings, which I hope to address.

So if you have access to a devise that can hold a A4 size card, and move it slowly back and forth horizontally, and another that can hold a simple laser pointer, whilst moving vertically, let us know!

The Penrose idea has a number of interesting things it can be extended too. If you have read the Chapter, it will be of great interest with a lot of Spactime interpretations, and...there is an amazing effect using the above apparatus (I have had to think the experiment through as I have no equipment), that deals with a long standing issue of 'Particle in a Box' , so if you are in a Lab somewhere, have the above equipment, let us know and lets get a Scientific Experiment that will be of great interest!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted