Who is Asif Zardari and How Has He Impacted Pakistan's Education Sector?

• News
  • Thread starter sami-rehman
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation touched on the disastrous earthquake in Pakistan in 2005 and the negative impact of Asif Zardari's presidency on the education sector and job market. The lack of citations and context were also mentioned. The conversation also discussed the need for proof and reliable sources in discussions. The conversation then shifted to the floods in the region and the criticism of President Zardari for not returning from his foreign trip.
sami-rehman
Dear Readers,

There was a disastrous earthquake in my country in 2005 but we were struck with yet another calamity with Asif Zardari (widower of Benazir Bhutto) becoming the president. One of the most corrupt and dishonest persons Earth might have ever produced...i just want to say that he has badly damaged education sector of the country . He has stopped almost all scholarships due to be paid to students for their studies and has stopped funding to government or defense organizations which were the main recruiters of fresh graduates. By now we engineers in Pakistan face severe and challenging job markets. All educated people in the country want to kill him somehow ... universities hate him...He has billions of illegal dollars in the banks of switzerland but...

Physics news on Phys.org
But what?

but he has no one to answer for his past...tell me what should i do ... i will an electrical engineer this june...a job less market...expensive higher education...what must be the third way?

Sami, you have made a lot of claims without any citations. You need to provide reliable news sources or government data to support the assertions you are making.

This article - http://chronicle.com/blogPost/Pakistan-Will-Increase/8498/ - for instance, seems to counter some of your accusations.

Also, this seems to lack any context. Even if things are going bad now, they can hardly be a drop in the bucket compared to the situation around 1980, when Zia came to power, and the army marched into college campuses.

Last edited:
I appreciate your comments Mr Gokul...but emotions need no proof... although i think along the same line as you...

Gokul43201 said:
Sami, you have made a lot of claims without any citations. You need to provide reliable news sources or government data to support the assertions you are making.

This article - http://chronicle.com/blogPost/Pakistan-Will-Increase/8498/ - for instance, seems to counter some of your accusations.

Also, this seems to lack any context. Even if things are going bad now, they can hardly be a drop in the bucket compared to the situation around 1980, when Zia came to power, and the army marched into college campuses.

To be fair, the article you cited was about what the president said he was going to do.

Sami, perhaps you could provide a link about funding cuts? Even foreign language articles can be translated with google these days.

http://www.hec.gov.pk/InsideHEC/Divisions/HRD/Scholarships/Pages/Scholarships.aspx

I'm pretty sure this website used to list many scholarships...

Last edited by a moderator:
sami-rehman said:
I appreciate your comments Mr Gokul...but emotions need no proof... although i think along the same line as you...

Emotions always need proof, otherwise they will misguide us. The hype and panic surrounding the 2012 end of the world nonsense is evidence of that.

sami-rehman said:
I appreciate your comments Mr Gokul...but emotions need no proof...
However, there are rules for starting threads in this forum: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=113181

To maintain quality discussions that stay focused on issues and do not become personal or degenerate into arguments of “I’m right, you’re wrong,” the following rules apply to all new threads started in Politics and World Affairs effective as of the date of posting of these guidelines:
1) A clear statement of purpose written by the person starting the thread and contained in the opening post of the thread.
2) Citations of sources for any factual claims (primary sources should be used whenever possible).
3) Any counter-arguments to statements already made must clearly state the point on which there is disagreement, the reason(s) why a different view is held, and cite appropriate sources to counter the argument.
4) When stating an opinion on an issue, make sure it is clearly stated to be an opinion and not asserted as fact.
5) When posting on topics of foreign policy or world issues, remember to ensure the topic is presented in a manner that makes all of our membership welcome to participate.

aquitaine said:
Emotions always need proof, otherwise they will misguide us. The hype and panic surrounding the 2012 end of the world nonsense is evidence of that.

I think he meant along the lines of "so and so is dishonest, a bad president, has ruined the economy, etc, etc." These are more or less subjective opinions. Things like budget cuts are factual statements that are either true or false. You could argue that a term like "dishonest" is absolutely true or false, but I think there are so many shades of meaning there that it doesn't fit into a true/false dichotomy the way specific fiscal policies do.

zomgwtf said:
http://www.hec.gov.pk/InsideHEC/Divisions/HRD/Scholarships/Pages/Scholarships.aspx

I'm pretty sure this website used to list many scholarships...
Wow! That does look pretty bizarre!

mr gokul all these scholarships are obsolete by the way...

Mr Gokul you seem to have nothing important to do in your life..i am Pakistani and i know really well the state of affairs in my country...

sami-rehman said:
All educated people in the country want to kill him somehow ...

...that statement kind of summarizes what may also be considered a big problem in Pakistan.

sami-rehman said:
All educated people in the country want to kill him somehow ...

i understand how you feel brother as i am a pakistani my self but the above statement was not very smart see pakistani have acquired a bad image already because of the terrorism in the country and that statement of yours will only make things worst and why would you discuss this matter here how do you think this will help?
and you think after some one kills him thing will be ok ?
just keep faith in ALLAH cursing some one else never makes things easy for you.
zor-e- bazoo azma na gila kar sayyad say
aj tak koi qafas toota nahi faryad say...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-10900947

The worst floods in the region for 80 years have killed at least 1,600 people and affected about 12 million others.

Meanwhile, President Asif Ali Zardari has rejected criticism that he should return from an extended foreign trip.

In a BBC interview, Mr Zardari said the cabinet was directing relief efforts, and he was being kept up to date about the situation.

In similar situations, other politicians go running back to their countries. Last time, was it Ahmadinejad who was in Russia when protests were getting out of hands?

hey guys i just heard that zardari joined the ''get hit by a shoe club'' in England by some pakistani i guess but the reports are not confirmed

1. What actions has Zardari taken that are considered disgusting in Pakistan?

Zardari has been accused of multiple corrupt practices, including embezzlement of public funds and money laundering. He has also been criticized for his lavish lifestyle and lack of concern for the well-being of the Pakistani people.

2. How has Zardari affected the economy of Pakistan?

Zardari's alleged corrupt practices have had a negative impact on the economy of Pakistan. The mismanagement of funds and embezzlement has led to a decrease in foreign investment and economic growth.

3. What is the public opinion of Zardari in Pakistan?

The public opinion of Zardari in Pakistan is largely negative. Many view him as a corrupt and selfish leader who is more concerned with personal gain than the welfare of the country and its people.

4. Has Zardari faced any legal consequences for his actions?

Zardari has faced multiple legal cases and investigations for corruption and money laundering. However, he has managed to evade conviction and remains a controversial figure in Pakistani politics.

5. How has Zardari's rule impacted the overall political climate in Pakistan?

Zardari's rule has contributed to a climate of corruption and mistrust in the Pakistani government. His actions have also sparked widespread protests and calls for reform in the political system.