Solve Parabola Equation: (10,0) ((13,27) (16,0)

• Thread starter thedarkhawk10
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Parabola
In summary, a parabola equation is a mathematical expression in the form of y = ax^2 + bx + c that represents a U-shaped curve. To solve this equation, you can use methods such as factoring, completing the square, or using the quadratic formula. To do so, you need to know at least three points on the parabola, which can be in the form of coordinates or values for x and y. By substituting these points into the equation, you can solve for the unknowns and graph the parabola using the equation.
thedarkhawk10

Homework Statement

What is the equation of this parabola: (10,0) ((13,27) (16,0)

Homework Equations

IDK what this is please help

The Attempt at a Solution

0=a(10)^2+b(10)+c
0=100a+10b+c
-100a-10b=c
I'm stuck please help

Physics news on Phys.org
Use all three of your given points, not just one of them. You need three equations to be able to solve for the three unknowns.

1. What is a parabola equation?

A parabola equation is a mathematical expression that represents a parabola, which is a U-shaped curve. It is in the form of y = ax^2 + bx + c, where a, b, and c are constants.

2. How do I solve a parabola equation?

To solve a parabola equation, you can use different methods such as factoring, completing the square, or using the quadratic formula. These methods will help you find the x-intercepts or the vertex of the parabola.

3. What information do I need to solve a parabola equation?

To solve a parabola equation, you need to know at least three points on the parabola. These points can be in the form of coordinates (x, y) or as a list of values for x and y.

4. How do I use the given points to solve the parabola equation (10,0), (13,27), (16,0)?

To solve the parabola equation using the given points, you can substitute each point into the equation y = ax^2 + bx + c. This will give you three equations with three unknowns (a, b, and c), which can be solved using algebraic methods.

5. Can I graph a parabola using the parabola equation?

Yes, you can graph a parabola using the parabola equation. You can plot the points that satisfy the equation and connect them to create the curve of the parabola. You can also use a graphing calculator or software to plot the parabola using the equation.