Solving Ax=b in Parametric Vector Form | System A = 0...-2...9...5, b = 0...0

In summary, Parametric Vector Form is a mathematical representation of a vector in terms of parameters. It is commonly used in vector calculus and physics to describe the motion of objects in space. It differs from Cartesian Vector Form in that it uses parameters rather than components to represent vectors. This allows for a more general representation and makes it easier to manipulate and solve problems involving vectors. In physics, Parametric Vector Form is used to describe the motion of objects, and it can be used in any number of dimensions.
Precursor
Homework Statement

Describe the solution(s) of the system Ax=b in parametric vector form where A =
[tex]0...-2...9...5[/tex]
[tex]0...1...2...-6[/tex]

and b =
[tex]0[/tex]
[tex]0[/tex]

The attempt at a solution
I got this far:

[tex]1...0...13...7...0[/tex]
[tex]0...1...2...-6...0[/tex]

How do I continue to get it into parametric vector form? I only have two leading ones, so does it look like I'll be getting some free variables?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Any suggestions?

Is my work confusing?

1. What is Parametric Vector Form?

Parametric Vector Form is a mathematical representation of a vector in terms of parameters. It is commonly used in vector calculus and physics to describe the motion of objects in space.

2. How is Parametric Vector Form different from Cartesian Vector Form?

In Cartesian Vector Form, vectors are represented using their components in the x, y, and z directions. In Parametric Vector Form, vectors are represented using a parameter (usually denoted by t) that describes the magnitude and direction of the vector.

3. What is the significance of using parameters in Parametric Vector Form?

Using parameters allows for a more general representation of vectors, as it can describe vectors of any length and direction. It also makes it easier to manipulate and solve problems involving vectors, as the parameters can be treated as variables.

4. How is Parametric Vector Form used in physics?

In physics, Parametric Vector Form is used to describe the motion of objects in space. By assigning parameters to the position, velocity, and acceleration vectors, we can analyze and predict the motion of objects under the influence of forces.

5. Can Parametric Vector Form be used in higher dimensions?

Yes, Parametric Vector Form can be used to represent vectors in any number of dimensions. The number of parameters used will depend on the dimensionality of the vector. For example, a three-dimensional vector will require three parameters, while a two-dimensional vector will only require two parameters.