Paul, the oracular, miraculous octopus

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
In summary: Octopi don't have a big enough beak to pick the winning lottery numbers, but they can definitely pick seafood.
Only if the octopus was the only thing predicting world cup events. See, for example, that Singapore parrot. Most of them aren't famous because they don't get all their hits correct.

If you can document all the predictions of animals/random processes that could have become famous if they went 8/8 in the world and demonstrate that there aren't enough of them to allow for one to go 100%, then you're on to something.

And it's not just this world cup; there have surely been random processes picking sporting events for years, eventually one of them is bound to be very accurate

Physics news on Phys.org
Office_Shredder said:
Only if the octopus was the only thing predicting world cup events. See, for example, that Singapore parrot. Most of them aren't famous because they don't get all their hits correct.

If you can document all the predictions of animals/random processes that could have become famous if they went 8/8 in the world and demonstrate that there aren't enough of them to allow for one to go 100%, then you're on to something.

And it's not just this world cup; there have surely been random processes picking sporting events for years, eventually one of them is bound to be very accurate
You won't get your money back, Paul has eaten them. :smile:

arildno said:
You won't get your money back, Paul has eaten them. :smile:

I sent the money to him in a box with the English flag painted on it. I think it's safe

Office_Shredder said:
I sent the money to him in a box with the English flag painted on it. I think it's safe
I would think he looks upon such a box as the perfect portable toilet.

But, you're right, they'll be sort of safe in there..

They murdered him before he made a mistake, in order to preserve his mystic status.

Poor Paul, he never saw it coming.

I am suspicious, however. We were told Paul was dead once before. Of course, back then we were told he was he was a Walrus.

dinner time!

rootX said:
dinner time!
:eek: