PF Slow Response Times: Investigating Issue

• Thread starter Jonathan Scott
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the slow response times on PF, which are currently in minutes and making the site nearly unusable. This is due to an issue with the "ServiceWorker" and the console log shows an error with the Permissions-Policy header. It is also mentioned that there is a merger of two websites happening, which could be causing some heavy data processing. However, the issue should now be cleared up and PF should be working fine again.
Jonathan Scott
Gold Member
PF response times here are currently in minutes (4.5 to open Post thread), and it's just about unusable.
According to the developer tools Network information, this seems to be mostly in something to do with "ServiceWorker".
I'm also seeing this in the console log:
Error with Permissions-Policy header: Origin trial controlled feature not enabled: 'interest-cohort'.

Physics news on Phys.org
PF response times here are currently in minutes (4.5 to open Post thread), and it's just about unusable.
According to the developer tools Network information, this seems to be mostly in something to do with "ServiceWorker".
I'm also seeing this in the console log:
Error with Permissions-Policy header: Origin trial controlled feature not enabled: 'interest-cohort'.

Likes russ_watters
I'm experiencing the same. It could be an outage of part of the Internet backbone in North America.

Same here (from the Netherlands) other sites seem to be ok.

I could explain it but PF is incredibly slow :cool:

(ongoing merger of two websites)

Should be cleared up now. Some heavy data processing.

Likes DennisN and SammyS
fresh_42 said:
(ongoing merger of two websites)
Seen that :oldtongue:

Last edited:
Greg Bernhardt said:
PF wouldn't even come up for me. Thanks for getting things fixed Greg.

Likes DennisN
Greg Bernhardt said:
Thanks - it's fine now. Sorry about the duplicate post - when I first tried to post this thread, it unlocked after a few minutes apparently without having posted it, so I clicked the Post button again.

1. What is causing the slow response times in PF?

There are several potential factors that could be contributing to the slow response times in PF. These may include hardware issues, network congestion, software bugs, or a high volume of requests. Further investigation is needed to determine the exact cause.

2. How can we investigate the issue?

To investigate the issue, we can start by collecting data on response times and analyzing it for patterns or anomalies. We can also check system logs for any error messages or warnings that may provide clues about the cause. Additionally, we can run diagnostic tests on the hardware and network to rule out any potential issues in those areas.

3. Are there any known solutions for improving response times in PF?

There are several potential solutions for improving response times in PF, depending on the root cause of the issue. These may include optimizing code, upgrading hardware or network infrastructure, implementing caching mechanisms, or adjusting server configurations. The appropriate solution will depend on the specific circumstances and should be determined through the investigation process.

4. How long will it take to resolve the slow response times in PF?

The timeframe for resolving the issue will depend on the complexity and severity of the underlying cause. Some issues may be resolved quickly with a simple fix, while others may require more extensive changes and take longer to implement. It is important to thoroughly investigate and test any potential solutions before implementing them to ensure they effectively address the issue.

5. How can we prevent slow response times from occurring in the future?

To prevent slow response times from occurring in the future, it is important to regularly monitor and maintain the system, identify and address any potential issues, and implement best practices for optimizing performance. This may include regularly updating software, conducting load testing, and implementing efficient coding practices. It is also important to have a contingency plan in place in case similar issues arise in the future.