Physics and Mathematics (Mphys/Mmath/Msci) - careers?

You can also consider a career in robotics or energetics with a Mphys or Msci degree. A PhD can also lead to roles in academia, research, or specialized industries. Teaching is a competitive field, and there are other options available for those who do not wish to pursue it.
The Eraser
I just sent my UCAS application for these degrees. Most probably I will end up with Mphys (maybe Msci), but I will see which universities accept me.

Now my question is: what jobs/ careers can I pursue with this degree? What about this degree plus a PhD?

And that besides teaching careers (I wouldn't like it and it's also quite competitive as I hear). I don't think I would enjoy doing research in a lab either.

What kind of work can I do? Can I work in robotics? Energetics?

Physics news on Phys.org
The Eraser said:
I just sent my UCAS application for these degrees. Most probably I will end up with Mphys (maybe Msci), but I will see which universities accept me.

Now my question is: what jobs/ careers can I pursue with this degree? What about this degree plus a PhD?

And that besides teaching careers (I wouldn't like it and it's also quite competitive as I hear). I don't think I would enjoy doing research in a lab either.

What kind of work can I do? Can I work in robotics? Energetics?

There are opportunities in physics related roles, plus finance, accounting, actuarial, software development, IT, consulting, and others too.

FAQ: Physics and Mathematics (Mphys/Mmath/Msci) - careers?

1. What career options are available with a degree in Physics or Mathematics?

There are numerous career options available for individuals with a degree in Physics or Mathematics. Some common options include working as a research scientist, data analyst, engineer, actuary, or educator. Many graduates also pursue careers in finance, technology, or consulting.

2. Is further education required for a career in Physics or Mathematics?

While further education is not always required, many careers in Physics and Mathematics may require a graduate degree or specialized training. Examples of these include careers in research, academia, or advanced engineering positions. However, there are also many job opportunities available for individuals with a bachelor's degree in these fields.

3. What skills are valuable for a career in Physics or Mathematics?

Some essential skills for a career in Physics or Mathematics include strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, critical thinking, attention to detail, and strong communication skills. Proficiency in computer programming, data analysis, and mathematical modeling are also highly valued in these fields.

4. What industries can I work in with a degree in Physics or Mathematics?

Individuals with a degree in Physics or Mathematics can work in a variety of industries, including technology, finance, healthcare, energy, and aerospace. These fields require individuals with strong quantitative and analytical skills to solve complex problems and develop innovative solutions.

5. What salary can I expect with a career in Physics or Mathematics?

The salary for careers in Physics and Mathematics can vary greatly depending on the specific job, industry, and location. However, these fields typically offer high-paying salaries, with the average starting salary for a graduate with a degree in Physics or Mathematics being around $60,000 per year. With experience and advanced degrees, individuals can earn six-figure salaries in these fields.