Particle Physics Development Job: Viable Cold/Normal Fusion

• Physics
  • Thread starter Amtrscntst
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, if you are interested in working with particle physics and the development of viable cold or normal fusion power generators, your options would likely be in academic research or at government/international labs such as ITER or the National Ignition Facility. Depending on your qualifications, a Ph.D. in fusion physics or nuclear engineering may be necessary for actual research, but it may not be required for support or technical roles. It is also important to keep in mind that particle physicists typically do not work on hot fusion, and cold fusion is not a scientifically accepted concept.
Amtrscntst
Ok, i want a job that works with particle physics, and somthing to do with the development for Viable Cold or Normal Fusion power Generator and all that where and what can i work as/for

Physics news on Phys.org
That's going to be either academic research, or at government / international labs like ITER or the National Ignition Facility (I believe their industry contractors will only be working in support / technical roles, and not necessarily direct fusion research):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Ignition_Facility
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITER

You haven't mentioned your qualifications, so I'll assume that you're just looking into what you'd need. To do actual research in the field, you probably need to have a Ph.D. in fusion physics / nuclear engineering (or a Ph.D. in a closely related field). However, if you want to work in an engineering, or programming, or other support role, the Ph.D. in fusion physics / nuclear engineering is probably not necessary (or desired).

Hopefully, some real fusion scientists weigh in on this (I base this only on my nearly-entirely anecdotal and second-hand hearsay about the operation of such facilities).

Particle physicists don't work on hot fusion.

Cold fusion is crackpottery.

1. What exactly is particle physics development?

Particle physics development is a branch of physics that studies the fundamental particles and forces that make up the universe. It involves studying the properties and behaviors of these particles, as well as using advanced technology to manipulate and control them.

2. What is cold/normal fusion and how does it relate to particle physics development?

Cold/normal fusion is a potential source of energy that involves fusing together light elements, such as hydrogen, to create heavier elements. This process is similar to the fusion reactions that occur in the core of the sun. It relates to particle physics development because it involves manipulating and controlling particles at the atomic level.

3. Why is finding a viable cold/normal fusion method important?

Finding a viable cold/normal fusion method is important because it has the potential to provide a nearly limitless and clean source of energy. This would greatly benefit our society, as it could reduce our dependence on fossil fuels and decrease our impact on the environment.

4. What are some challenges in developing a viable cold/normal fusion method?

There are several challenges in developing a viable cold/normal fusion method. One of the main challenges is achieving the high temperatures and pressures required for fusion to occur. Another challenge is finding a way to sustain the fusion reaction for a long enough period of time to generate a significant amount of energy.

5. How can particle physics development help in the search for a viable cold/normal fusion method?

Particle physics development plays a crucial role in the search for a viable cold/normal fusion method. By studying the properties and behaviors of particles, scientists can gain a better understanding of fusion reactions and how to control them. Additionally, advances in technology, such as particle accelerators, can help create the high temperatures and pressures needed for fusion to occur.