Physics Jokes: Ice Breakers for Presentations

In summary, We have a conversation about physics ice breakers and jokes that could be used for a presentation. Some inappropriate jokes were mentioned but ultimately, a joke about electrons and a rhyme about Earth were suggested. Star Wars also made an appearance in a physics joke.
SUDOnym
physics ice breakers!

Giving a presentation at the end of next week as part of my final year in undergrad physics.
Can any1 suggest any good physics jokes to break the ice?! (except the one about spherical chickens in a vacuum!)

(I actually have a joke that I would like to tell - that as far I know, I made up myself - but if it turns out that some1 else got there before me, I probably won't use it!)

Physics news on Phys.org

What do neutrinos and I have in common?
<inappropriate joke removed>

Last edited by a moderator:

I like it! - don't think I'd have the nerve to tell that in front of my lecturers though!
(by the way, the joke I want to tell isn't so much a "knock knock" or a one-liner - I consider it to be a little more sophisticated than that... If anyone's interested I might post it up on this thread after I've told it next week!)

JHamm said:
What do neutrinos and I have in common?
<inappropriate joke removed>

That censorship just makes me more intrigued

I'd go with a classic sherlock joke
What do you call the electric detective?
Sherlock Ohms!

genericusrnme said:
That moderation just makes me more intrigued
There you go, I corrected that for you :wink:

I googled it. All I can say is if you are going to be inappropriate, at least be funny.

Jimmy Snyder said:
I googled it. All I can say is if you are going to be inappropriate, at least be funny.

So are you anti-neutrino or something?

Not anti-neutrino, just pro-ton.

Jimmy Snyder said:
Not anti-neutrino, just pro-ton.

:rofl::rofl:

nobel-peace-prize-jokes.jpg

Two atoms are sitting together at a bar, one of them says to the other "So I think I lost an electron the other day", the other replies "Really, are you sure?" and the first responds "Yes, I'm positive."

SO CORNY but I actually think it's funny because of how bad it is. :biggrin:

Neutrino walks into a bar, bartender says "Hey, we don't serve your kind here." Neutrino says "It's alright, I'm just passing through".

Not a joke but a nice rhyme that is in my GR textbook:

"The Earth is just a silly ball
to them through which they simply pass
like dust-maids down a drafty hall
or photons through a sheet of glass."

You could show them this:

schrodingerscat_fullpic.jpg

Or give them the physics take on Star Wars: May the Mass times Acceleration Be With You.

Also, that neutrino joke was quite funny. Unless, of course, you're a Quaker.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are "Physics Jokes: Ice Breakers for Presentations"?

"Physics Jokes: Ice Breakers for Presentations" are a collection of funny and clever jokes related to physics that can be used to lighten the mood and engage the audience in a presentation or lecture.

2. How can physics jokes be used as ice breakers in presentations?

Physics jokes can be used as ice breakers in presentations by incorporating them into the introduction or throughout the presentation to add humor and break up the serious subject matter. They can also be used as discussion prompts or to engage the audience in a question and answer session.

3. Are physics jokes appropriate for all audiences?

While physics jokes can be used in a variety of settings, it is important to consider the audience and the context before using them. Some jokes may be more suitable for a scientific or academic audience, while others may be appropriate for a general audience. It is always important to be mindful and respectful of the audience's background and interests.

4. Can physics jokes be used in serious presentations or lectures?

Yes, physics jokes can be used in serious presentations or lectures to add some light-heartedness and humor to the presentation. However, it is important to strike a balance and not let the jokes overshadow the main topic or distract from the main message of the presentation.

5. Where can I find physics jokes to use in my presentations?

You can find physics jokes in many places, such as online joke databases, physics joke books, or by creating your own jokes. You can also adapt existing jokes to fit your specific presentation topic or audience. Just make sure to always credit the source if using a joke created by someone else.