Physics Principles and Application best book for high school

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for a comprehensive physics book that covers topics from grades 9 to 12. The individual has not found a suitable book and is seeking recommendations. The conversation also mentions the recommendation of Halliday and Resnick, as well as the suggestion to learn physics through calculus instead of algebra. The individual also mentions a free online physics resource from Rice University, but it is advised to focus on learning calculus instead.
ricky33
The book Physics Principles and Application by Douglas C Giancoli can give me the full curriculum in physics from grade 9 to 12 ? Or I need another book to cover all physics learned in high school ? All equations laws ... ?

Physics news on Phys.org
You asked this twice already. Why do you keep asking this.

micromass said:
You asked this twice already. Why do you keep asking this.
I haven't found a good book no one helped me now I am asking about this book if he can cover all high school topics

ricky33 said:
I haven't found a good book no one helped me now I am asking about this book if he can cover all high school topics

No one helped you? We gave you a lot of books. I suggested Halliday and Resnick.

micromass said:
No one helped you? We gave you a lot of books. I suggested Halliday and Resnick.
I have seen those books they're all for freshman and for the first year of undergrad not for grade 9-10-11 and 12

OK sure, if you want to learn from bad books just because they're for grades 9-12, then go ahead. Gioncoli should be what you're looking for then.

Are you familiar with OpenStax a Rice University sponsored educational website? They have produced two algebra based Physics texts and are about to release a Calculus base text. These texts are free to students.online.

Do not waste your time with algebra based physics. It is sloppy and unrefined. The best way to learn physics is via the use of calculus. I would spend my time and energy learning calculus, then wasting time with an algebra based physics book.

Likes Mondayman

1. What are the key topics covered in "Physics Principles and Application"?

"Physics Principles and Application" is a comprehensive textbook that covers all the fundamental topics of physics including mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, optics, and modern physics.

2. Is this book suitable for high school level students?

Yes, "Physics Principles and Application" is specifically designed for high school level students. It presents the concepts and principles in a clear and concise manner, making it easy for students to understand and apply to real-world situations.

3. Are there any interactive elements included in the book?

Yes, the book includes interactive elements such as diagrams, charts, and graphs to help students visualize and understand the concepts better. It also includes hands-on activities and experiments to engage students and enhance their learning experience.

4. Does the book provide practice problems and solutions?

Yes, "Physics Principles and Application" includes a variety of practice problems at the end of each chapter to help students reinforce their understanding of the concepts. The book also provides solutions to these problems to assist students in self-study and preparation for exams.

5. Is this book recommended by teachers and educators?

Yes, "Physics Principles and Application" is highly recommended by teachers and educators for its comprehensive coverage of topics, clear explanations, and interactive elements. It is a widely used textbook in high schools and has received positive feedback from both students and teachers.