• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Physics Principles and Application best book for high school

• Other
  • Thread starter ricky33
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

The book Physics Principles and Application by Douglas C Giancoli can give me the full curriculum in physics from grade 9 to 12 ? Or I need another book to cover all physics learned in high school ? All equations laws ... ?

Answers and Replies

You asked this twice already. Why do you keep asking this.

You asked this twice already. Why do you keep asking this.
I haven't found a good book no one helped me now I am asking about this book if he can cover all high school topics

I haven't found a good book no one helped me now I am asking about this book if he can cover all high school topics
No one helped you? We gave you a lot of books. I suggested Halliday and Resnick.

No one helped you? We gave you a lot of books. I suggested Halliday and Resnick.
I have seen those books they're all for freshman and for the first year of undergrad not for grade 9-10-11 and 12

OK sure, if you want to learn from bad books just because they're for grades 9-12, then go ahead. Gioncoli should be what you're looking for then.

gleem
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Are you familiar with OpenStax a Rice University sponsored educational website? They have produced two algebra based Physics texts and are about to release a Calculus base text. These texts are free to students.online.

Do not waste your time with algebra based physics. It is sloppy and unrefined. The best way to learn physics is via the use of calculus. I would spend my time and energy learning calculus, then wasting time with an algebra based physics book.