1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other Physics Principles and Application best book for high school

1. Jun 8, 2016 #1
    The book Physics Principles and Application by Douglas C Giancoli can give me the full curriculum in physics from grade 9 to 12 ? Or I need another book to cover all physics learned in high school ? All equations laws ... ?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 8, 2016 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

You asked this twice already. Why do you keep asking this.

4. Jun 8, 2016 #3
    I haven't found a good book no one helped me now I am asking about this book if he can cover all high school topics

5. Jun 8, 2016 #4

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

No one helped you? We gave you a lot of books. I suggested Halliday and Resnick.

6. Jun 8, 2016 #5
    I have seen those books they're all for freshman and for the first year of undergrad not for grade 9-10-11 and 12

7. Jun 8, 2016 #6

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

OK sure, if you want to learn from bad books just because they're for grades 9-12, then go ahead. Gioncoli should be what you're looking for then.

8. Jun 9, 2016 #7
    Are you familiar with OpenStax a Rice University sponsored educational website? They have produced two algebra based Physics texts and are about to release a Calculus base text. These texts are free to students.online.

9. Jun 10, 2016 #8
    Do not waste your time with algebra based physics. It is sloppy and unrefined. The best way to learn physics is via the use of calculus. I would spend my time and energy learning calculus, then wasting time with an algebra based physics book.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted