What Textbooks are best for self-study for SAT Physics Test

In summary, the individual is seeking advice on which textbook to use to study for the SAT Subject test in Physics. They have a basic knowledge of algebra but very little experience with calculus. They are also considering using the book "Physics: Principles with Applications (7th Edition) by Douglas C. Giancoli." The response recommends getting an SAT prep book or taking a prep class to improve test-taking strategies. Several resources, including an online book and various books on Amazon, are suggested. The major players in this field are Barrons, Kaplan, and Princeton. The individual also mentions that they have very limited knowledge of the subject and would like to study it comprehensively.
msallak1
I am planning on taking SAT Subject test in Physics in few months, but I don't know which textbook is best to study all physics concepts that will be tested.

I have a basic knowledge of algebra and almost none of calculus, as they didn't teach them back in high school, but I really want to understand all physics concepts and get good score in SAT Physics.

Therefore, I would really appreciate it if you can recommend me what to do, and which textbooks should I get if I am going to study them by myself.

I also have this book (Physics: Principles with Applications (7th Edition) by Douglas C. Giancoli) .What is your opinion about it?

Physics news on Phys.org
jedishrfu said:
You should get an SAT prep book for the subject and/or take a prep class to help you with test strategies.

Here's an online book:

http://www.sparknotes.com/testprep/books/sat2/physics/

and here at Amazon are many books to consider. I think they are all about the same though so pick one that you like and go study:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=sat+physics

The major players are Barrons, Kaplan and Princeton.
Thank you for replying.
I forgot to mention that I only know like 10-15% of topics, so I want to study Physics from beginning not just reviewing it.

1. What are the best textbooks for self-study for the SAT Physics Test?

The best textbooks for self-study for the SAT Physics Test are "The Official SAT Subject Test in Physics Study Guide" by The College Board, "Cracking the SAT Physics Subject Test" by The Princeton Review, and "Barron's SAT Subject Test: Physics" by Robert Jansen. These textbooks are specifically designed to cover all the topics and concepts tested on the SAT Physics Test and include practice questions and full-length practice tests.

2. Are there any online resources for self-studying for the SAT Physics Test?

Yes, there are many online resources available for self-studying for the SAT Physics Test. Some popular ones include Khan Academy, which offers free video lessons and practice questions, and PrepScholar, which offers personalized study plans and practice tests for a fee.

3. Can I use a regular physics textbook to study for the SAT Physics Test?

No, it is not recommended to use a regular physics textbook to study for the SAT Physics Test. The test is designed to assess your knowledge of specific topics and concepts, and regular physics textbooks may not cover all of these in the same depth and format as the test.

4. How can I determine which textbooks are best for my learning style?

The best way to determine which textbooks are best for your learning style is to research and read reviews of the different options available. You can also visit a bookstore or library to browse through the textbooks and see which one resonates with you the most. Additionally, you can ask for recommendations from teachers or students who have taken the SAT Physics Test.

5. Are there any supplemental materials that can help with self-studying for the SAT Physics Test?

Yes, there are many supplemental materials that can aid in self-studying for the SAT Physics Test. These include flashcards, study guides, and online practice questions and tests. You can also use study groups or hire a tutor for additional support and guidance.