International math and physics high school books

In summary: Halliday and Resnick is good.If you do go purchase Alonso and Finn (the original not the dumbed down reprint), then supplement it with Halliday.
Peter25samaha
I want to learn high school physics and math but using the international curriculum I want to see everything taught at high school in those books from grade 9 to 12 any suggestion ?

Physics news on Phys.org
What is "the international curriculum"?

micromass said:
What is "the international curriculum"?
I want to know . I mean by this the curriculum used in physics in all countries the best curriculum

Peter25samaha said:
I want to know . I mean by this the curriculum used in physics in all countries the best curriculum

Sorry, you need to be a lot more detailed if you want to get sensible answers.

Well, usually school books are not that good. It's much more valuable to use freshmen physics books. There the curriculum is really international, which is natural since physics is an international endeavor anyway. What they do to physics (and even worse to math) at high school usually makes me very sad, if not depressive :-(.

Likes micromass
micromass said:
Sorry, you need to be a lot more detailed if you want to get sensible answers.

I can read OP's questions two ways:
1. Is there an 'international' curriculum that applies to almost all countries and not US specific? If so, are there books that follow this curriculum?

2. is there an 'international' curriculum for Physics that is followed in an international school (say, a school based in US that caters to international students)? If so, are there books that follow this curriculum?

I am not sure what he reason is for asking the question(s) and have no idea whether there is an 'all encompassing' physics curriculum or if there are books for it.

Likes Peter25samaha
smodak said:
I can read OP's questions two ways:
1. Is there an 'international' curriculum that applies to almost all countries and not US specific? If so, are there books that follow this curriculum?

2. is there an 'international' curriculum for Physics that is followed in an international school (say, a school based in US that caters to international students)? If so, are there books that follow this curriculum?

I am not sure what he reason is for asking the question(s) and have no idea whether there is an 'all encompassing' physics curriculum or if there are books for it.
yes that is my question I want to know the books that contain all high school physics ALL

Peter25samaha said:
yes that is my question I want to know the books that contain all high school physics ALL

Halliday and Resnick

Likes vanhees71
Another Book that I really like (although it may not cover the syllabus fully)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0300192207/?tag=pfamazon01-20

The second volume is not released yet but will be soon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0300212364/?tag=pfamazon01-20

These are the lectures that go with the books.
http://oyc.yale.edu/physics/phys-200
http://oyc.yale.edu/physics/phys-201

These are the books that Shankar suggests with the course (his own books are younger than the courses)

1. Fishbane, Paul M., Stephen Gasiorowicz, and Stephen T. Thornton. 2005. Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics, 3rd Edition. Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall.

2. Serway, Raymond A., and John W. Jewett, Jr. 2008. Physics for Scientists and Engineers, 7th Edition, Part II. Belmont, CA: Thomson Brooks/Cole.

3. Wolfson, Richard and Jay Pasachoff. 1998. Physics with Modern Physics for Scientists and Engineers, 3d ed. Reading, MA: Addison Wesley Publishing Company.

4. Recommended math supplement: Shankar, Ramamurti. 2003. Basic Training in Mathematics: A Fitness Program for Science Students. New York: Springer Publishing Company.

I like Alonso and Finn Fundamentals of Physics 3 volume set. It can get pricey. So only get these if you have the money.

Like Micromass suggested, Halliday and Resnick is good.

If you do go purchase Alonso and Finn (the original not the dumbed down reprint), then supplement it with Halliday.
Make sure you know basic calculus.

What are International Math and Physics High School Books?

International math and physics high school books are textbooks that cover the topics of mathematics and physics at the high school level. These books are designed to be used by students all over the world and are typically written in English.

What makes these books different from regular high school math and physics books?

These books are specifically designed for an international audience, so they may cover topics that are more relevant to a global audience. They may also include examples or problems from different cultures or countries.

Are these books suitable for students from any country?

Yes, these books are designed to be used by students from all over the world. However, it is important to note that some concepts or terminology may vary slightly between countries, so students may need to consult with their teachers for clarification.

Are these books used in any specific curriculum or educational system?

No, these books are not tied to any specific curriculum or educational system. They are meant to be used as supplementary materials or as the main textbook for high school math and physics courses.

How can these books benefit students?

These books can provide a global perspective on math and physics topics, which can help students develop a broader understanding of these subjects. They may also offer different approaches or methods for solving problems, which can be beneficial for students who struggle with traditional methods.