1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Two, I don't know if I will make it through the course!

1. Feb 15, 2014 #1
    I recently decided to start taking Physics two, it has been about 2 years since I took physics one and I am realizing as I am going through the material that I have seemed to have forgotten a lot of material I learned. I was successful in Physics 1 but I am concerned about this course. So far I have been trying to back track and learn the material with the new material. I don't know what to do, has anyone every encountered this before even if it with another class? What are some recommendation that you have, should I drop the class? Any words of advice or encouragement would be appreciated!
    Thanks!
    38 seconds ago

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 15, 2014 #2
    Is it correct that Physics I is (experimental) Classical Mechanics for beginners, while Physics II is a similar course about electromagnetism? I took such a Physics II-course before Physics I and think it is definitely doable. There are some things which will come up unavoidably (like a force being a vector which leads to an acceleration of a mass and the undamped and damped harmonic oscillator). What exactly are you having problems with? Maybe you could ask some questions in the appropriate subcategory here.

4. Feb 15, 2014 #3
    Like DarthMatter, my curriculum has Physics II being an introduction to E&M. It's a very challenging course, especially since things are generally less intuitive and the calculus involved may be the first time you see it outside of a pure math context. Have you tried talking to your professor? Maybe he/she can help you and give you other resources outside of the textbook. Do you meet the math pre-requisites?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook