Planarity Puzzle - Test Your Puzzle-Solving Skills!

• Thread starter Chi Meson
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Puzzle
In summary, Steve tried the game, found it to be frustrating and decided not to continue. Just in case you have some time that isn't yet wasted, the game is difficult and has no challenge.
Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Just in case you have some time that isn't yet wasted. Has anyone else tried this puzzle? I took just over 20 minutes to do level 12, then it seems to get exponentially more difficult. It's much more fun replaying level 10 or 11.

http://www.planarity.net

Every now and then you find a puzzle/game that you were born to solve. I just wish I could do this for a job!

Physics news on Phys.org
Wow, this is fun, although really hard to comprehend at times.

I hated that game - I quit at level 3
Steve completed level 30something then the guy moved servers and all his game history got lost and he lost heart in it.

*Kia* said:
I hated that game - I quit at level 3
Steve completed level 30something then the guy moved servers and all his game history got lost and he lost heart in it.
OMG
30? I tried skipping to level 20, and I was overwhelmed. I couldn't even see the individual dots. My computer was too slow to comprehend moving the dots around. Evidently the top is open-ended, so there's no point in going any higher; it's much more fun staying at levels 10 or 11 and go for best time.

Edit:

I just checked to see what level 30 would be like. IT totally froze my machine at work. I'll be staying below 15 at least.

Last edited:
What a waste of time! I did four levels, but there's no challenge to this puzzle, it's just repetitive mindless work. Level 30 has hundreds of dots, it would take half a day to work through it (just to physically drag the dots).

I remember this was posted here over the summer and I got to level 27... only to find out that while I was playing, the dude added a save game feature, so bassically I was still running the old version, unable to save!

:(

Aw!

Still, I haven't (seriously) tried anything beyond level 15. After that point it isn't such fun. What I enjoy most is forming a 3D picture from the lines and envisioning a way to "flatten out" the pattern. Too many lines and I can't form the image and it loses the fun. levels 9--12 are perfect for me (best time for level 9 is 4:58).

FAQ: Planarity Puzzle - Test Your Puzzle-Solving Skills!

What is the goal of the Planarity Puzzle?

The goal of the Planarity Puzzle is to rearrange a set of lines on a grid such that none of the lines intersect. This requires strategic thinking and problem-solving skills to achieve the desired outcome.

How many levels are there in the Planarity Puzzle?

There are currently 35 levels in the Planarity Puzzle, each with increasing difficulty. However, the game is constantly updated with new levels, so the number may vary.

Is there a time limit for solving the puzzle?

No, there is no time limit for solving the Planarity Puzzle. You can take as much time as you need to strategize and solve the puzzle.

Are there any hints or tips for solving the Planarity Puzzle?

Yes, there are hints and tips available for the Planarity Puzzle. You can access them by clicking on the "Hint" button on the game interface. These hints can help guide you in the right direction for solving the puzzle.

Can I play the Planarity Puzzle on my mobile device?

Yes, the Planarity Puzzle is available for play on both desktop and mobile devices. You can access the game through a web browser on your mobile device or download the app from the App Store or Google Play Store.