Choosing a Career in India: Exploring Options for Math, Physics, and Management

• Thread starter shameem
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Career
In summary, the person is seeking advice on choosing a career and mentions their interests in math, physics, and management. However, the expert advises that it is a personal decision and suggests setting a goal and pursuing it, even if it is not a passion. They also warn against seeking advice from others on such a personal matter.
shameem
Hello,
Im from India and I've just completed my 12th grade.Im really confused about choosing a career.
Im interested in Math,Physics and Management.I have good communication skills.I want to get into a job that has both technical and management aspects.Could you please help me out?

Physics news on Phys.org
No.

Let me explain: First, I'm not you. There is no way from just a few paragraphs, that I can tell what you really like well enough to pursue it as a career. The variety of careers from what you have listed is quite large.

Second, set a goal, and pursue it. It doesn't have to be your life's passion. I love aviation, mathematics, telecommunications, brewing beer, archery, scuba diving, photography and so forth. And yet I don't work on any of those things in my career. You don't have to make everything the central focus of your career. You can do those things on your own.

Third, this is a deeply personal decision. Your work is a major part of your life. Even if you choose to focus on family, community, or some other aspect of life, it is still a significant part. Asking other people what to do with your life is like asking what your favorite arts should be. There is no honest way to reply to this question other than what I have just done.

Unfortunately, that means that I can't help you. If you find anyone who DOES have answers like this, beware.

What are some factors to consider when choosing a career?

Some important factors to consider when choosing a career include your interests, skills, values, and lifestyle preferences. It's also important to research job availability, salary potential, and job growth in your desired field.

How do I determine my strengths and weaknesses for a career?

One way to determine your strengths and weaknesses is to take career assessments or personality tests. You can also reflect on your past experiences, ask for feedback from others, and try different activities or internships to see what you excel at and what you struggle with.

What if I am interested in multiple career paths?

If you are interested in multiple career paths, it's important to research each one thoroughly and consider which one aligns best with your strengths, values, and goals. You may also want to consider a career that combines elements from your different interests.

How can I gain experience in a potential career before committing to it?

There are several ways to gain experience in a potential career before committing to it. You can shadow professionals in the field, volunteer, take on internships, or attend workshops or conferences. These experiences can give you a better understanding of the day-to-day responsibilities and help you determine if it's the right fit for you.

What if I change my mind after starting a career?

It's common for people to change their minds about their career paths. If you find that your current career is not fulfilling or aligns with your goals and values, it's okay to make a change. You can seek advice from career counselors or mentors, research different industries, and explore new opportunities to find a career that makes you happy and fulfilled.