1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Please help: Would should I do with regard to math major?

1. Jun 7, 2008 #1
    I wanted to simply take a 2-year math program at the local community college, but I did have the required prerequisites of HS math course 3, chemistry, and biology.

I've since been accepted into their liberal arts program with a "mathematics emphasis", but I'm starting to have doubts. If I could simply acquire these needed prerequisites, and start the "real" math major next year, I couldn't care less about the 1-year delay.

How might I go about getting these prerequisites? Should I look into night classes or something?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 7, 2008 #2
    Do you mean did not have the prerequisites... I would definitely look into night courses! Maybe there is a summer session that has not started yet? Perhaps they can take credits from another local college that offers night courses if the one you are attending does not have what you need when you need it.

Do whatever it takes. That's probably the best advice I can tell you.

4. Jun 8, 2008 #3
    Do they have placement tests that you can self-study for?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?