Please recommend textbooks or websites on spectroscopy

In summary, the conversation recommends being more specific when looking for books and websites on spectroscopy, as it is a broad field with specialized techniques for different types of spectroscopy. One suggestion is to check out microwave spectroscopy books and the website spectroscopynow.com, which covers various spectroscopy topics.
shalu
hey everybody,
please suggest some good books and online websites for basic concepts of spectroscopy

Physics news on Phys.org
That's a huge field, with specialized information for various parts of the electromagnetic spectrum. (Nuclear) Magnetic spectroscopy is another huge field with it's own specialized techniques. There's also force spectrosopy, (time-dependent) fluorescence spectroscopy, and I'm sure many others.

First, you need to be more specific, otherwise you will get lost quickly.

What have you pulled off the shelf at your local library?

Andy Resnick said:
That's a huge field, with specialized information for various parts of the electromagnetic spectrum. (Nuclear) Magnetic spectroscopy is another huge field with it's own specialized techniques. There's also force spectrosopy, (time-dependent) fluorescence spectroscopy, and I'm sure many others.

First, you need to be more specific, otherwise you will get lost quickly.

What have you pulled off the shelf at your local library?

i have taken mircowave spectroscopy book.actually what is mircowave spectroscopy?

Microwave spectroscopy is like any other electromagnetic spectroscopy- one is interested in how materials interact with electromagnetic radiation over a certain waveband. Microwave spectroscopy is generally used for gases- the spectrum is very interesting because of the material properties probed (rotational transitions), the astrophysical relevance, and the ability to coherently manipulate the signal (i.e. control the phase). There's probably modern applications in telecommunications as well.

are u interested in any specific spectroscopy topic?
or browse spectroscopynow.com

1. What is spectroscopy?

Spectroscopy is the study of the interaction between matter and electromagnetic radiation. It is used to analyze and identify the chemical composition of substances based on their absorption and emission of light.

2. Why is spectroscopy important?

Spectroscopy is important because it allows scientists to gather information about the structure and properties of different substances. This information can be used to identify unknown compounds, determine the concentration of a substance, and monitor chemical reactions.

3. Can you recommend any textbooks on spectroscopy?

Some popular textbooks on spectroscopy include "Introduction to Spectroscopy" by Donald L. Pavia, "Principles of Fluorescence Spectroscopy" by Joseph R. Lakowicz, and "Spectroscopy: The Key to the Stars" by Keith Robinson. These textbooks cover the basics of spectroscopy as well as more advanced topics.

4. Are there any websites that provide information on spectroscopy?

Yes, there are many websites that provide information on spectroscopy. Some reputable sources include the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) website, the Royal Society of Chemistry website, and the Spectroscopy Society of Pittsburgh website. These websites offer articles, tutorials, and resources on spectroscopy.

5. How can I use spectroscopy in my research?

Spectroscopy can be used in a variety of research fields, such as chemistry, physics, biology, and astronomy. It can be used to analyze the chemical composition of substances, study molecular structures, and identify unknown compounds. Spectroscopy techniques can also be used to monitor and track chemical reactions, investigate the properties of materials, and study the composition of celestial objects.