1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Please tell me how to read this e-book

1. Feb 22, 2008 #1
    [SOLVED] Please tell me how to read this e-book

I want to read this e-book "Thinking in C++" Volume-1 by Bruce Eckel. It is a free download here. I downloaded the zip file and when I extract it there are many-many folders inside but I don't know what to read. I was expecting it to be a pdf, but its not. If you have the time, please download it and tell me how do I read it. That would be great!

Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 22, 2008 #2

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

What format is it in? What's the file extension?

Edit: I see. Those books are in HTML. Use your browser.

4. Feb 22, 2008 #3
    Its a zip and when I extract it, it gives birth to two zips...when I extract those two zips, it is giving birth to so many files....TIC2VOL3.gif, TIC3VOL3.gif........., revision history.txt....... ..?? Where do I click to read it like a normal book ?

5. Feb 22, 2008 #4

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

index.html ?
    Or just click or any one of the html files - it will have links to the table of contents or other chapters.

6. Feb 22, 2008 #5

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

Exactly.

7. Feb 22, 2008 #6
    Thanks everyone, I can open it with Firefox.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?