Podcasting, what are your views?

• Thread starter exequor
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker enjoys listening to technology podcasts, specifically TWiT and Wizzards of Technology. They suggest that PhysicsForums should have their own podcast. The other speaker does not listen to podcasts and asks for links. The first speaker recommends This Week in Tech and Wizzards of Technology, which feature former TechTV personalities. They also mention a podcast by WoT, produced by two individuals in different locations.
exequor
Personally I'm a podcast fan, of the technology genre that is. I listen to TWiT (which is more or less the new Screensavers/Techtv) and Wizzards of Technology. I think it would be a great idea for Physics forums to have their own podcast.

Do you listen podcasts (and which ones)? What do you think about PhysicsForums having their own?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I don't listen to podcasts. Do you have any good links?

I would recommend www.thisweekintech.com[/url] it is no. 1 currently on the podcastalley ([url]http://www.podcastalley.com[/URL]). If you were a fan of TechTV then you will feel right at home because every sunday night all the guys that were part of the screen savers and other techtv shows come together and record a 1 hour long podcast. I like it since there is no more techtv.

At [url]www.wizardsoftechnology.com[/url] you can get the podcast produced by the WoT, this one is put together by two guys on in Ft. Lauderdale and the othe rin California.

Last edited by a moderator:

What is podcasting?

Podcasting is a method of distributing digital audio files over the internet for playback on mobile devices and computers. It allows individuals and organizations to create and share audio content with a wide audience.

How does podcasting work?

Podcasting involves creating an audio file, typically in MP3 format, and uploading it to a hosting service. Listeners can then subscribe to the podcast using a podcasting app or software, which will automatically download new episodes as they become available.

What are the benefits of podcasting?

Podcasting allows for easy and convenient distribution of audio content to a global audience. It also allows for niche topics and diverse voices to be heard, as anyone can create a podcast and share their perspectives and ideas.

How has podcasting evolved over the years?

Podcasting has evolved significantly since its inception in the early 2000s. With the rise of smartphones and improved internet connectivity, podcasting has become more accessible and popular. There are now a wide variety of podcasts covering various topics, from news and politics to entertainment and education.

What is the future of podcasting?

The future of podcasting looks promising, with continued growth and innovation. As technology advances, there will likely be more ways to consume and create podcasts. Additionally, we can expect to see more diversity and inclusivity in the podcasting industry as it continues to evolve.