Politics on PF: Unusual But True?

• News
  • Thread starter Gokul43201
  • Start date
  • Tags
    politics
In summary, most of the posts made by the person are in the politics section. They enjoy reading about science but do not have any scientific knowledge. They also post on the political part because they assume that the people who subscribe to PF are better educated then people on other forums.

What percentage of your PF posts are in the Politics Section ?

• Total voters
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Do you come to PF just for the politics ? That would be quite unusual, yet there are some members I've seen posting in this section, but very rarely anywhere else...

What percentage of your posts would you say, are in the Politics section ?

And if you predominantly post only in Politics, why PF ?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Including General Discussion posts and this post, I have 325. 23 (including this one) have been in the politics section. So that mean's 7.076923...% of my posts have been in this section.

I came here to get some grand questions about the origin of the universe and matter/energy answered, but the answers were all to complex for me to undestand. Then I got really into Biology and started posting there alot, and now I mainly post here unless I just have a random curiosity about some science.

Ummm...this is a little embarrassing, but I voted in the wrong section by mistake.

I'm actually at about 4%.

Gokul43201 said:
Do you come to PF just for the politics ? That would be quite unusual, yet there are some members I've seen posting in this section, but very rarely anywhere else...

What percentage of your posts would you say, are in the Politics section ?

And if you predominantly post only in Politics, why PF ?

Why would that be quite unusual?
I am uneducated on many science subjects, but I love to read about them. So, I sit quietly reading all kinds of cool stuff that I will never do for a living, and I enjoy politics immensly :smile:

Gokul43201 said:
Ummm...this is a little embarrassing, but I voted in the wrong section by mistake.

I'm actually at about 4%.

URG, ok well delete this thread and start over. :tongue2:

phatmonky said:
Why would that be quite unusual?
I am uneducated on many science subjects, but I love to read about them. So, I sit quietly reading all kinds of cool stuff that I will never do for a living, and I enjoy politics immensly :smile:

I thought that might be the case with some. I was still curious if there are others that don't spend much time at the other sub-forums.

Actually, this thought was sparked by something I saw a couple days ago, for the first time : a post by you outside the Politics Section. That was when it first struck me that among those of you that I see posting only here, some might actually be spending time at the other forums, only not posting much.

Gokul43201 said:
I thought that might be the case with some. I was still curious if there are others that don't spend much time at the other sub-forums.

Actually, this thought was sparked by something I saw a couple days ago, for the first time : a post by you outside the Politics Section. That was when it first struck me that among those of you that I see posting only here, some might actually be spending time at the other forums, only not posting much.

School started again, so I ask for the occasional help :eek: , but most of my time in the other forums is spent reading threads that have already reached their climax(typically months and months old). Quantum physics, relativity, high end biology. I don't have any interest in physics at a class room level (was always very boring to me in school), but it sure is cool to read how we sling shot spaceships around the solar system with no pressure of having to cough it back up for a test :biggrin:

I used to converse in the physics forums, but everyone there has this thing for general relativity. You couldn't talk about a ball rolling down a plank without someone (usually someone that has only had a single course in the subject) attempting to explain the answer in terms of relativity.

I post here at PF on the political part, though it is a minor part, because I assume that your subscribers are better educated then people on a lot of other forums.

1. What exactly is "Politics on PF: Unusual But True"?

"Politics on PF: Unusual But True" is a forum thread on the popular online forum Physics Forums. It is a space for members to engage in discussions about unusual and lesser-known political topics and events.

2. Who can participate in "Politics on PF: Unusual But True"?

Anyone who is a member of Physics Forums can participate in "Politics on PF: Unusual But True". You can create an account for free and join in on the discussions.

3. Are there any rules or guidelines for participating in "Politics on PF: Unusual But True"?

Yes, there are rules and guidelines in place to ensure respectful and productive discussions. These include being respectful towards others, avoiding personal attacks, and providing evidence to support your claims.

4. What makes "Politics on PF: Unusual But True" different from other political forums?

"Politics on PF: Unusual But True" focuses on discussing unconventional and lesser-known political topics, instead of the more mainstream and popular ones. It also has a diverse community of members, including scientists and experts in various fields.

5. How can I start a discussion or contribute to "Politics on PF: Unusual But True"?

To start a new discussion, you can create a thread by clicking on the "New Thread" button on the forum page. To contribute to an existing discussion, you can reply to the thread and share your thoughts and opinions on the topic being discussed.