Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Polylogarithm function

1. Feb 3, 2009 #1
    Hi everyone,

Anyone knows how can I insert a polylogarithm function to FORTRAN? I am trying to put Li_2(z) polylogarithm function to my equation.

Thank you in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 6, 2009 #2
    You'd have to write the function, if you do not have it in a library of functions.
    If you need help with the definition of the function, check the following site:
    If you have difficulties with writing the function, you can post what you've got, and we will then know how we can help.
  4. Feb 8, 2009 #3
    OK. Thank you very much!
  5. May 31, 2009 #4
    A good reference for a polylogarithm function algorithm is the following:
    Note on fast polylogarithm computation
    File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
    Abstract: The polylogarithm function Li .... assumed that −π < arg z ≤ π, whence the analytic continuation with proper branch cut ...
    people.reed.edu/~crandall/papers/Polylog.pdf - Similar pages
    by RE Crandall -

If you are interested please send me an email (rashore1@yahoo.com) and I will then send you copies of the FORTRAN codes I wrote to calculate the dilogarithm and trilogarithm functions of complex argument based on Crandall's algorithm. I've checked them using Mathematica and they work quite well.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?