Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Portable Phone Charger (Power Bank)

Tags:
  1. Sep 2, 2014 #1
    I am interested in designing my own portable phone charger or power bank. I would ideally like to use a Li-Ion battery and be able to have interchangeable male connectors depending on what phone I have at the time (ie iPhone 4s, android, galaxy, etc). Can someone please provide a basic circuit design that would allow me to do this along with an explanation of what is going on. Is there common specs or regulations that most smart phones have when it comes to charging (ie common voltage, current, etc to the phone battery). Please HELP!!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 2, 2014 #2

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

Hi jaroszdale! http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5725/red5e5etimes5e5e45e5e25.gif [Broken]

:cool:

:smile:

It will be much cheaper to buy one ready-made. It will be safe to use, and it will come with a guarantee...

A factory product will save you time and trouble.

I'm sure there are lots of other electronics projects you'd like to explore.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook