Possible Endings for the Expanding Universe: Exploring Alternative Theories

In summary: I think that's a fair point. Probability is a tool that can be used to form hypotheses and test them, but it cannot be used to determine certainty.
I did not follow the full discussion but I would like to mention (one of my favorites) that Big Rip and Quantum fluctuations theories predict that the next big bang will be in 101056 years!
Yeah! ... we got time! ...

Space news on Phys.org
Stavros Kiri said:
I did not follow the full discussion but I would like to mention (one of my favorites) that Big Rip and Quantum fluctuations theories predict that the next big bang will be in 101056 years!

Oh, what a tremendous waste of time. I would really appreciate a theory whith a much shorter renewal time of about a hundred billion (100_000_000_000) years.

May be we should check the possibility of a coordinated explosion of all black holes, if they are not kept blown-up by products of star activity.

Gerhard Mueller said:
May be we should check the possibility of a coordinated explosion of all black holes, if they are not kept blown-up by products of star activity.

Since they all have different masses and will evaporate at different times, the probability is zero.