Post your recipes, cuisines, dishes and dining experiences

  • Thread starter Thread starter arunbg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Evo Food Thread
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5,074 replies · 814K views
turbo-1 said:
I already have Molson Golden. Just keep driving and I'll make us a pan-seared rib-eye, some home-fries, and vegetables of your choice.

Edit: Of course, I don't have Evo's attributes. I can cook, though.

Evo said:
They're ready! I have Prime ribeye steaks too. Restaurant, special aged PRIME. Can't buy it, I got it from my meat connection.

I've gained a couple of pounds with all these good eats. :smile: Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
pan-seared, oven roasted meatballs, crushed tomato sauce with some spicy zip... on an onion roll... well... next to one. A big salad, and some ice cold water.

Ahhhh... simple... delicious.
 
nismaratwork said:
pan-seared, oven roasted meatballs, crushed tomato sauce with some spicy zip... on an onion roll... well... next to one. A big salad, and some ice cold water.

Ahhhh... simple... delicious.

OMG! This sounds so good!
 
Evo said:
I'm makinbg black eyed peas right now. Maybe I'll try frying some.
*is coming but does not know what to bring*
 
I put some peas aside to dry and will attempt to fry them tomorrow.

Just bring yourself.
 
Evo said:
I put some peas aside to dry

I confess I'm a novice cook, so forgive this question...but what do you mean by this Evo? Did you put some aside from the ones you cooked?
 
HeLiXe said:
I confess I'm a novice cook, so forgive this question...but what do you mean by this Evo? Did you put some aside from the ones you cooked?
I'm going to try these.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WlzBseu3TA
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My neighbor got in a baking mood this afternoon and he made banana bread with some orange, cranberries, and golden raisins. He and his daughter and grand-daughters just dropped a loaf a few minutes ago, and it's delicious.
 
turbo-1 said:
My neighbor got in a baking mood this afternoon and he made banana bread with some orange, cranberries, and golden raisins. He and his daughter and grand-daughters just dropped a loaf a few minutes ago, and it's delicious.

Good banana bread makes good neighbors!
 
nismaratwork said:
Good banana bread makes good neighbors!
We're pretty close. Even without the food, though the food-swaps are great.
 
Evo said:
I'm going to try these.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WlzBseu3TA
OMG, make these! They are delicious! Be really careful with the Old Bay seasoning, it's super salty, they don't really even need it as long as they were seasoned while cooking.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
turbo-1 said:
We're pretty close. Even without the food, though the food-swaps are great.

It's probably one of the most ancient ways to say, "hello neighbor, let's be friends!" known to humanity. It's too bad that these days, too many wait until someone gets sick to share goodies. You're a lucky man to have such good friends and neighbors.
 
Evo said:
OMG, make these! They are delicious! Be really careful with the Old Bay seasoning, it's super salty, they don't really even need it as long as they were seasoned while cooking.

Terrific, will do!

P.S. Isn't Brown gaga over Old Bay? I think that's his favorite blend or something along those lines, so that may explain the amount.
 
nismaratwork said:
Terrific, will do!

P.S. Isn't Brown gaga over Old Bay? I think that's his favorite blend or something along those lines, so that may explain the amount.
It's actually the restaurant's recipe. Old bay is really mostly celery salt.
 
I recently tried tarragon mayonnaise in chicken salad prep. Very tasty. Use fresh tarragon.
What about adding celery seed to the tarragon-mayo, and maybe some chopped tomato? Haven't tried that yet
 
ThomasT said:
I recently tried tarragon mayonnaise in chicken salad prep. Very tasty. Use fresh tarragon.
What about adding celery seed to the tarragon-mayo, and maybe some chopped tomato? Haven't tried that yet

Celery seed sounds great... I'd try the tomato on the side... it might be a little acidic.
 
HeLiXe said:
I love to eat tomatoes and pickles together :biggrin:

:bugeye:


Um... me too... NOT THAT WAY!... but with tarragon mayo- NOT THAT KIND!... eeew!

:smile:
 
nismaratwork said:
:bugeye:


Um... me too... NOT THAT WAY!... but with tarragon mayo- NOT THAT KIND!... eeew!

:smile:

I should have said SLICED tomatoes and pickles to make myself more clear:devil:
I once ordered some @ Denny's and the lady asked me if I'm with child LOL I don't think the combination is peculiar at all.
 
HeLiXe said:
I should have said SLICED tomatoes and pickles to make myself more clear:devil:
I once ordered some @ Denny's and the lady asked me if I'm with child LOL I don't think the combination is peculiar at all.

It's good on a sub: Lettuce, tomato, mayo...


Somehow you add tarragon and it doesn't sound so appetizing...
 
HeLiXe said:
I love to eat tomatoes and pickles together :biggrin:

Brought back a food memory. When I was a kid, I used to eat bologna sandwiches with lettuce, mayo, and mustard...then take out that icky bologna (dog loved it) but leave the best part of the sandwich :biggrin:!
 
nismaratwork said:
It's good on a sub: Lettuce, tomato, mayo...Somehow you add tarragon and it doesn't sound so appetizing...
I've never had it with tarragon
Edit:
Nismar, I think you are an undercover 7 star chef :)
lisab said:
Brought back a food memory. When I was a kid, I used to eat bologna sandwiches with lettuce, mayo, and mustard...then take out that icky bologna (dog loved it) but leave the best part of the sandwich :biggrin:!

Reminds me of when I used to order cheeseburgers from Mc Donalds minus the meat lolol
 
HeLiXe said:
I've never had it with tarragon
Edit:
Nismar, I think you are an undercover 7 star chef :)Reminds me of when I used to order cheeseburgers from Mc Donalds minus the meat lolol

Ohhh... I would love to taste whatever a 7 star chef makes... I think if you die and there IS a heaven... that should be the guy or gal who makes you breakfast!
 
Tomatoes I like, pickles I like, but together? I can't see combining the two textures. Tomatoes are so soft, pickles should be crunchy. I can't imagine eating them together. I guess the sourness is an issue also since there are cucumber and tomato salads. There is something I can't finger that just isn't right.
 
I don't mind (dill) pickles in principle, I just find that, like green peppers, their taste dominates every other taste.
 
nismaratwork said:
Celery seed sounds great... I'd try the tomato on the side... it might be a little acidic.
Well, I did finally include the chopped tomato, and, considering your caution re the acidic ... ness, and remembering the adage "fight fire with fire", I added a bit of lemon, just a pinch of lemon pepper seasoning, and some scrapings from the, I'm guessing, arm of some sort of, I'm guessing, mammal that was apparently electrocuted on the power lines outside the house.

It wasn't bad, though not 7-star chef stuff (again, just a guess). By the way, what's the current max on chef stars? I seem to remember it being quite a bit less than 7, but that was a while ago. Freaking inflation, eh?
 
HeLiXe said:
I've never had it with tarragon
Edit:
Nismar, I think you are an undercover 7 star chef :)


Reminds me of when I used to order cheeseburgers from Mc Donalds minus the meat lolol

Thats a very loose definition of meat, imo.
 
ThomasT said:
Well, I did finally include the chopped tomato, and, considering your caution re the acidic ... ness, and remembering the adage "fight fire with fire", I added a bit of lemon, just a pinch of lemon pepper seasoning, and some scrapings from the, I'm guessing, arm of some sort of, I'm guessing, mammal that was apparently electrocuted on the power lines outside the house.

:smile:

Oh man... killing me... :smile:

ThomasT said:
It wasn't bad, though not 7-star chef stuff (again, just a guess). By the way, what's the current max on chef stars? I seem to remember it being quite a bit less than 7, but that was a while ago. Freaking inflation, eh?

I think the max on stars, by which we mean Michelin stars... I think 4 is the max... and RARE... that's why I want a 7 star chef if there's a decent afterlife. Still, 7... yep; the chow to star exchange has been completely distorted... I blame Goldman-Sachs! :smile:

P.S. I think Willy Wonka was a 7 star pastry chef...
 
Jasongreat said:
Thats a very loose definition of meat, imo.

You don't like agar and other binders and fillers?! YUM... that smooooth texture, the squishy moisture, and the way it makes you groan on the porcelain god almost SECONDS later?!

Wow... I guess some people don't appreciate fine cuts of aged beef. :biggrin:
 
nismaratwork said:
I blame Goldman-Sachs!
I recently blamed them for a flat tire.

nismaratwork said:
P.S. I think Willy Wonka was a 7 star pastry chef...
You might want to add that to the Wonka Wiki.

Wonka was a legendary patissier, and somewhat strange, but apparently against cannabalism:

Willy Wonka said:
Everything in this room is eatable. In fact even I am eatable, but that is called canabalism my dear children and is frowned upon in most civilizations.