Postgraduate studies and previous studies

In summary, the individual asks if they will need to submit their academic transcript from their first university, which shows grades for four subjects, when applying for postgraduate studies in the US. The answer is likely yes, as transcripts from all attended universities are typically required.
maks4
Just a quick question. I'm in Australia and am currently studying Electrical Engineering. Prior to the university I am at now, I did a year at another university, and once I was accepted into the one that I am at now, I applied to receive credit/advanced standing for 4 subjects that I did at the first university. These were approved and appear on my academic transcript as being 'exempted', however the grades are not listed.

I would like to pursue postgraduate studies in the US, hopefully, so when and if the time comes, when I submit my application, will I also have to submit the academic transcript that shows my grades for the 4 subjects I did at the first university?

Physics news on Phys.org
Probably. The usual requirement is for transcripts from everywhere you have attended.

^^Thanks.

Related to Postgraduate studies and previous studies

What are postgraduate studies?

Postgraduate studies refer to advanced academic programs that a student can pursue after completing their undergraduate studies. These programs typically include master's degrees, doctoral degrees, and professional degrees.

What is the difference between postgraduate studies and undergraduate studies?

The main difference between postgraduate studies and undergraduate studies is the level of academic rigor and specialization. Undergraduate studies focus on providing a general education and foundation in a specific field, while postgraduate studies require a deeper understanding and research in a specific area.

Can I pursue postgraduate studies if my undergraduate degree is in a different field?

Yes, it is possible to pursue postgraduate studies in a different field from your undergraduate degree. However, you may need to take prerequisite courses or demonstrate relevant skills and knowledge in that field in order to be accepted into a postgraduate program.

How long do postgraduate studies typically take to complete?

The length of postgraduate studies varies depending on the program and the individual's pace of study. A master's degree typically takes 1-2 years to complete, while a doctoral degree can take 3-7 years. Professional degrees, such as law or medicine, may take longer to complete.

What are the benefits of pursuing postgraduate studies?

Pursuing postgraduate studies can lead to career advancement, increased job opportunities, and higher salaries. It also allows individuals to gain specialized knowledge and research skills in a specific field and contribute to the advancement of their chosen field through research and innovation.