Posting YouTube Videos: Tips and Tricks

• Thread starter BillTre
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is discussing ways to determine if a video will play directly in a post or if it will require going to YouTube to view. They also question why there isn't an interesting image displayed if the video does require going to YouTube. It is mentioned that most of the time, the video will play when clicked on, but the uploader can restrict embedding on external sites. However, there is no indication of this in the video's address or settings.
BillTre
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Is there a way to tell, before you post a link to a video, whether it will play in the post or you will have to go to youtube to see it?
Maybe some indication on the youtube webpage indicating that.

Also how come, if its a video that requires going to youtube to see, you don't get some interesting still from the video to look at instead of the boring message.

Physics news on Phys.org
BillTre said:
Is there a way to tell, before you post a link to a video, whether it will play in the post or you will have to go to youtube to see it?
Maybe some indication on the youtube webpage indicating that.

Also how come, if its a video that requires going to youtube to see, you don't get some interesting still from the video to look at instead of the boring message.
Most of the time, (MOST of the time), when a link to a Y.T. video is put into a posting, the video will play when you click on it.

BillTre said:
The preview function should represent the final result.
It seems the uploader can restrict embedding on external sites when setting up the video. But there is no indication of having picked such settings showing up in the address or anything like that.

• Informative
Likes BillTre, berkeman and anorlunda

1. How can I increase the visibility of my YouTube videos?

There are several ways to increase the visibility of your YouTube videos. First, make sure to use relevant keywords in your video title, description, and tags. This will help your video show up in search results. Additionally, promote your videos on social media and collaborate with other YouTubers to reach a wider audience.

2. What is the ideal length for a YouTube video?

The ideal length for a YouTube video can vary depending on your content and audience. However, studies have shown that videos between 7-15 minutes tend to perform well. It's important to keep your video engaging and to the point, as viewers have short attention spans.

3. Can I use copyrighted music in my YouTube videos?

Using copyrighted music in your YouTube videos without permission is against YouTube's terms of service and can result in your video being taken down or your channel being penalized. It's best to use royalty-free music or obtain proper licensing for any copyrighted music you wish to use.

4. How often should I post new videos on my YouTube channel?

The frequency of your video uploads will depend on your content and audience. It's important to maintain a consistent schedule to keep your viewers engaged, but don't sacrifice quality for quantity. It's better to post less frequently with high-quality content than to post frequently with lower-quality videos.

5. How can I engage with my audience and increase engagement on my videos?

Engaging with your audience is crucial for building a loyal following on YouTube. Respond to comments and questions on your videos, ask for feedback and suggestions, and create interactive videos such as Q&A sessions or polls. You can also utilize community features like live streams and community posts to further engage with your audience.