Posts with a Post Count of zero under their avatar

• Bug
  • Thread starter Tom.G
  • Start date
In summary, there was a discussion about Einstein and time machines on the Physics Forums website. One member saw two time machines and documented one, but did not remember the other. Another member mentioned a similar topic, but later clarified that it did not count towards their post count. The original thread was moved to a different forum and some members' accounts may have been removed.
Physics news on Phys.org
General discussion posts don't count.

Oops, think I've seen that mentioned too. Sorry

Actually, unless things have changed, any post in one of the forums in the PF Lounge does not enter the post count.

Zz.

Note that Tom.G's original example no longer works because the thread was moved to Relativity, and the posts now count. o0)

Actually I posted it in the General Discussion forum at first looking for sources vide post 1 by me. But the course of discussion made the thread best fit to be in a scientific forum. So I requested it to be moved vide last post by me. All replies were made when the post was in the General Forum.
So...

These members might also have had their accounts removed. It preserves the post data, but most of the account data is gone.

1. Why do some posts have a post count of zero under their avatar?

Posts with a post count of zero under their avatar are typically new posts that have not yet received any replies. This indicates that the post is recent and has not yet been engaged with by other users.

2. Do posts with a post count of zero have any value?

Yes, posts with a post count of zero can still have value as they may contain relevant information or spark new discussions. Even though they have not received any replies, they can still contribute to the overall conversation on the topic.

3. Can a post with a post count of zero be deleted?

Yes, posts with a post count of zero can be deleted by the user who created them. However, it is recommended to keep the post as it may still have value and could potentially receive replies in the future.

4. Will my post count increase if I reply to a post with a post count of zero?

Yes, your post count will increase when you reply to a post with a post count of zero. This indicates that you have actively engaged in the discussion and contributed to the conversation.

5. Can posts with a post count of zero still be reported?

Yes, posts with a post count of zero can still be reported if they violate any community guidelines or contain inappropriate content. It is important to report these posts so that appropriate actions can be taken by the moderators.