Power transfer by IPT questions

In summary, the speaker is using a circuit to charge a AA battery but is not getting any results. They are asking for help in modeling coupled inductors in their simulation.
John Sheridan
I am using this circuit below to charge a AA battery at the receiver's output. i think it should at least have some readings but i was wrong. there was no results at all. is there something wrong in my design. I've took the basic circuit only(hadnt add the control devices).
PS I am a noob at pspice, can any1 show me how to model the coupled inductors as IPT in the simulation?
Thanks!

Engineering news on Phys.org
whoops!forgot the pic

Attachments

• simulation.JPG
    simulation.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 445
At first glance, it appears your Multisim simulation doesn't know that you're trying to induce a voltage into the secondary circuit.
The first obvious place I would double check, is your Multisim program, to see if they have models for transformers, and replace your two inductors with it. Use a turns-ratio appropriate for the 2 inductances you've chosen.

1. What is power transfer by IPT?

Power transfer by IPT stands for Inductive Power Transfer. It is a wireless method of transferring electrical energy from one object to another through the use of electromagnetic induction. This technology is commonly used to charge electronic devices without the need for physical contact.

2. How does power transfer by IPT work?

Power transfer by IPT works by using two coils, a transmitter coil and a receiver coil, to create an electromagnetic field. When the transmitter coil is connected to a power source, it produces an alternating magnetic field. This field induces a current in the receiver coil, which can then be used to power a device or charge a battery.

3. What are the advantages of power transfer by IPT?

Power transfer by IPT offers several advantages over traditional wired charging methods. It is more convenient, as devices can be charged without the need for physical contact or precise alignment. It also eliminates the need for multiple chargers, as the same transmitter can be used for multiple devices. Additionally, it is safer as there is no risk of electric shock.

4. What are the applications of power transfer by IPT?

Power transfer by IPT has a wide range of applications, including charging smartphones, electric toothbrushes, and electric vehicles. It is also used in medical devices, such as pacemakers, to provide wireless power without the need for invasive procedures. IPT is also being explored for use in powering smart homes and industrial equipment.

5. Are there any drawbacks to power transfer by IPT?

While power transfer by IPT offers many benefits, there are some drawbacks to consider. The efficiency of power transfer decreases with distance, so the device may need to be placed close to the transmitter for optimal charging. Additionally, the technology is still in its early stages and can be expensive to implement. There are also concerns about the potential health effects of prolonged exposure to electromagnetic fields.