1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Problem with Electronic Feedback?

1. Oct 15, 2006 #1
    Hi, i was reading through the topic on analogue electronics. And every single example on my text seems to just be just on the negative feedback on both the inverting and non-inverting input of an op-amp. What i would like to know is whats the difference between positive and negative feedback on an inverting and non-inverting op-amp. Will there be any changes in the formula to find the Voltage ouput of the op-amp?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 15, 2006 #2
    You can't use positive feedback on inverting and non-inverting amplifiers. Positive feedback is hardly ever used, but the most common use of it would be for a comparator. When the non-inverting input is at a higher voltage than the inverting input, the op amp will be positively saturated and put out the positive supply voltage. When the non-inverting input drops below the inverting input, the op-amp hits the other (negative) rail. Also, oscillators can be made with positive feedback.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?