What specialization in electrical engineering should I choose for my career?

In summary: I am not so sure. I found this field really broad and I don't know what I want to specialize in.In summary, my options are: energetic engineering, automatics, electronics and IT engineering. Can you please tell me more specs about any option. Till now, my favorite is energetic engineering, but I'm ready to listen any comment.
track
Hello, i need help to chose my specialization in electrical engineering.

My options are: energetics, automatics, electronics and IT engineering.

Can you please tell me more specs about any option. Till now, my favorite is energetic engineering, but I'm ready to listen any comment.
I still don't know what exactly is a best of any option. I hope to find job somewhere in central Europe.

Thank you.

Engineering news on Phys.org
What is it that you like to do in electronics?
What got you into electronics?
Is there anything you have found that you do not like in electronics?
What have you found about each of the options?

-In electronics, I like radio/video communication, radars, control devices of any kind.
I would like to design some devices people use every day...like cells, car parts, TV-s,
cameras...etc. There is a lot of space for any innovation...
-Electronics drag me in when I realized how radio really works.
-I don't like part with programing, it's a little bit annoying.

About other options:

-In energetics, i found that all jobs are around generators, power plants, energy distribution, mostly high voltage systems etc. For me, it looks like interesting job all round.

-In automatics, my impression is that there are combined disciplines of electronics and programing, even mechanical engineering, but interesting. I think there is not so hard to find job in this field of electrical engineering.

-IT engineering...mostly programing. I never had precise picture about possibilities when you become IT engineer.

So, am i right about all these options?

...anyone?

You seem to be interested in electrical engineering, so why don't you just go with that? Don't let other people make up your mind for you.

I don't want other people make my decisions.
Just want to be informed about all possibilities.

Look at your university's (or desired university's) course bulletin. Those are one set of possibilities you could pursue.

I'm an EE and I can tell you that there are many different paths one can take with this same degree/title. I know several of my colleagues went on and primarily work on software/firmware, while others are hardware designers, and others work in industrial automation.

Much like I have described, I would imagine that each category listed can be as broad or limiting as you want to make it. It's all about finding what you like to do or don't like to do as the case may be and working to stay within those bounds.

mdjensen22 said:
I'm an EE and I can tell you that there are many different paths one can take with this same degree/title. I know several of my colleagues went on and primarily work on software/firmware, while others are hardware designers, and others work in industrial automation.

Much like I have described, I would imagine that each category listed can be as broad or limiting as you want to make it. It's all about finding what you like to do or don't like to do as the case may be and working to stay within those bounds.

I'm aware of that. My "problem" is that I'm student on not so high ranked university and
I just want to find out my chances on European job market.
If I want to get master degree abroad, I must find really nice scholarship, that depends much of choosing specialization (more or less wanted). This is the point my dilemmas start to grow.Thanks for reply

Do you have any opportunities to intern or gain some exposure to the 'real world' outside of class?

I worked for a contract manufacturer during college and was exposed to all kinds of products (industrial, medical, automotive, consumer, gaming, etc.). This gave me a good idea of what I wanted to do plus a great deal of experience by the time I graduated.

if you are an undergrad, I would not worry so much
do you have to pick a specific specialization?
If I were you and if it is possible, I would just take various classes until I found out what I liked the most

@ - mdjensen22

On college, we have some practical exams in labs and it's far away from any working experience.
Contract jobs like you had are really hard to find here.

@ - smk037

I have about one or two classes for each direction. I found what I like but still want to see all possibilities.
Next year I'm getting bsc degree and I have to choose what to do next on master degree.
My doubt is to stay in country or go abroad.
For example: I like electronics and I found on internet there are some companies and universities offering nice scholarship for studying nanoelectronic. I think that nanoelectronic is growing field of electrical engineering and good choice to study.
Now, in energetics (power generating, distribution), I don't know what situation is and I asking all around to find out...

1. What is professional orientation?

Professional orientation is the process of exploring and understanding one's skills, interests, and values in order to make informed decisions about career paths and goals.

2. Why is professional orientation important?

Professional orientation is important because it helps individuals to identify their strengths and interests, and match them with potential career paths. It can also help individuals to make informed decisions and set achievable career goals.

3. How can professional orientation be beneficial?

Professional orientation can be beneficial in many ways. It can help individuals to gain self-awareness, make informed career decisions, and improve job satisfaction. It can also help individuals to develop a better understanding of the job market and the skills and qualifications needed for different career paths.

4. What are some tools or resources for professional orientation?

There are various tools and resources available for professional orientation, including career assessments, informational interviews, job shadowing, career counseling, and online resources such as career websites and job forums. These resources can help individuals to explore different career options, gain insights into their skills and interests, and make informed decisions about their future career paths.

5. Who can benefit from professional orientation?

Professional orientation can benefit individuals at any stage of their career journey, whether they are just starting out, looking for a career change, or wanting to advance in their current career. It can also be useful for students who are unsure about their academic and career paths, as well as individuals who are returning to the workforce after a break.