Projectile Motion: Finding Velocity and Speed with 2-D Kinematics and Calculus

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 1K views
dahano
Messages
10
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement

:
Question 1: A body is projected with speed u at an angle theta with the horizontal. Find the change in velocity in time t.

Question 2: A body is projected with speed u at an angle theta with the horizontal. Find the speed of body at a height h.

Both the questions are somehow related and that's why I've included both question in one thread.[/B]

Homework Equations

: Equations from 2-D Kinematics and vector and maybe some calculus.[/B]

The Attempt at a Solution

:
I tried to use dv/dt but I'm not able to figure out that to what quantity/value should it be equal. And it's throwing me off :/

[/B]
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You really don't need to use calculus here. Can you try and set up the kinematics for it?
 
paisiello2 said:
You really don't need to use calculus here. Can you try and set up the kinematics for it?
hmm..Tried using kinematics equations but that landed me no where. Can you please show me that how will it be done?
 
paisiello2 said:
Can you show your work?
I don't have a camera right now and the laptop's camera isn't that good (it captued everything pixelated).
 
dahano said:
I don't have a camera right now and the laptop's camera isn't that good (it captued everything pixelated).
You should not be trying to post images of your own algebra. That's for pages from books and diagrams. Take the trouble to type your working into a post, preferably using LaTeX.