alanchakhin Messages 2 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Jan 16, 2013 #1 I am just wondering what is the proof of the equation 2*pi*f = 1/√(LC)
Simon Bridge Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 17,871 Reaction score 1,653 Jan 16, 2013 #2 Welcome to PF; The relation is derived from the differential equation describing the flow of charge in an ideal RCL circuit.
Welcome to PF; The relation is derived from the differential equation describing the flow of charge in an ideal RCL circuit.
alanchakhin Messages 2 Reaction score 0 Jan 17, 2013 #3 So what is the differential equation describing the flow of charge in an ideal RCL circuit?
sophiecentaur Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 30,594 Reaction score 7,548 Jan 17, 2013 #4 I think this link is what you need.
Simon Bridge Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 17,871 Reaction score 1,653 Jan 18, 2013 #5 I was going to suggest this one - but that works too. :)
Emilyjoint Messages 210 Reaction score 0 Jan 19, 2013 #6 The resonant frequency is when XL = Xc That is when 2∏fL = 1/2∏fC When this condition is satisfied V is in phase with I.
The resonant frequency is when XL = Xc That is when 2∏fL = 1/2∏fC When this condition is satisfied V is in phase with I.