Proving the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus Twice

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
steelers2147
Messages
4
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Complete the proof by using the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus TWICE to establish
[tex]\int_c^d(\int_a^b f _{x}(x,y)dx)dy=...=\int_a^b(\int_{c}^{d}f_{x}(x,y) dy)dx[/tex]



Homework Equations


I know that the FTC states that if g(x)=\int_a^x(f), then g'=f


The Attempt at a Solution


I'm not sure how to use this fact to get the proof started. Any guidance would be appreciated.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Fixed your integral. You had [ \tex] rather than [ /tex].
steelers2147 said:

Homework Statement


Complete the proof by using the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus TWICE to establish

[tex] \int_c^d(\int_a^b f _{x}(x,y)dx)dy=...=\int_a^b(\int_{c}^{d}f_{x}(x,y)dy)dx [/tex]



Homework Equations


I know that the FTC states that if g(x)=\int_a^x(f), then g'=f


The Attempt at a Solution


I'm not sure how to use this fact to get the proof started. Any guidance would be appreciated.