Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PSpice simulation vs temperature

1. May 9, 2006 #1
    I am trying to define the sensitivity of a piezoresistance as a function of temperature using PARAMETERS. The equation is: {S=S0(1-TCS(temp-25))}.
    The problem is that "temp" doesn't change during a Temperature Sweep, but I don't have any error either. Could you help me?

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. May 13, 2006 #2
    last time I used spice (some time ago) i was supposed to define the limits for the temperature sweep in some file. maybe that's what's missing...

4. May 14, 2006 #3
    execusme, I will not answer you but I have a qustion

.....what is the piezoresistance

5. Feb 17, 2010 #4
    Can any one tell me how to use pspice simulation software for temperature analysis for resistor.

6. Feb 18, 2010 #5
    Piezoresistance is resistance that changes with stress. It's commonly used in IC based pressure sensors.

For the formula, I don't know of a direct call to pull up "temp" during a sim, but you can build a thermistor or temperature sensor model and use it. The extended call for a resistor is:

Rxxx Node1 Node2 Value TC=???

To make yourself a thermistor,
    .subckt THERMISTOR TH1 TH2
    R1 TH1 TH2 1K TC=.02
    .ends THERMISTOR

Best of luck,

- Mike

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?