1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PSPICE Voltage Controlled Current Source Question

1. Oct 12, 2009 #1
    1. My Attempt
    I need to convert the book problem of a circuit with a voltage controlled current source with one in PSPICE. I am attaching a picture which shows my attempt. I think I have it wrong but it might be right. So if someone with knowledge in EE and PSPICE could help me it would be much appreciated.

Code (Text):
    [PLAIN]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1337/circuitr.png[/PLAIN] [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 12, 2009 #2

uart

Science Advisor

Leave the control terminal that is connected to "A" where it is, but remove the other one from the battery positive and place it to the ground node (0 volts) instead.

BTW. What's the reference direction for the current source in the original circuit (arrow or arrow down)? You may need to interchange the two control terminals in your pspice cct depending upon the answer to this question.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  4. Oct 13, 2009 #3
    Thank you very much. I removed the battery positive and it worked. I think the reference direction is down so I think I'm good. Thank you again, this helped me out greatly.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook