Chunky & Weeone: Making a Connection

• Thread starter Integral
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Connection
In summary, Integral took some great pictures of her new puppy, Weeone, and her other animals. Weeone is a pretty big cat, but is really mellow and scared of people. She has a "kids and animals" setting on her camera that is perfect for moving targets, and her camera has a good response time.
Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I posted pics a few weeks back of the new puppy, we are still looking for an official name, current working name is weeone.

Here is Weeone looking over the back of our ex-male cat Chunky. Chunky has become more social since Weeone showed up. He has been pretty reclusive, to the point that he usually leaves the room when I enter.

http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/Ricochet/HPIM0927a.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/Ricochet/HPIM0935a.JPG

Meja our 1yr old Chilillion along with Chunky and Weeone
http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/Ricochet/HPIM0918a.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Cute pictures Integral! I especially like the first one. Chunky looks like my kitty Aspen.

Thank you,

Chunky is a pretty big cat, but really,really mellow. He is a real scared cat when anyone comes around. Not sure if Ivan as even seen him yet.

I am sure hating digital cameras for this type of pic. My animals are not statues, they move. In the time that passes from shutter squeeze to actual exposure the animals have all moved on. I have lots of shots of tails leaving the pic. :grumpy:

Integral said:
Thank you,

Chunky is a pretty big cat, but really,really mellow. He is a real scared cat when anyone comes around. Not sure if Ivan as even seen him yet.

I am sure hating digital cameras for this type of pic. My animals are not statues, they move. In the time that passes from shutter squeeze to actual exposure the animals have all moved on. I have lots of shots of tails leaving the pic. :grumpy:
You need to get one that is suited for action and sports shots.

How much does that cat weigh? Or is it all fur?

That cat dwarfs the puppy! Great pics, very cute!

Integral said:
Thank you,

My camera has a "kids and animals" setting that is perfect for moving targets. Wow, Chunky seems to live up to his name! :biggrin: It's pretty comical seeing Weeone and Chunky in the same photo. With a puppy so small underfoot, I'd be worried I'd squash him while walking! I hope he's quick to get out of the way.

Evo said:
You need to get one that is suited for action and sports shots.

How much does that cat weigh? Or is it all fur?

He is a big cat, but there is a lot of hair.

Do Digital SLRs have a better response time? They are getting more afordable, I have had a SLR since the late 60s so am a bit spoiled.

1. What is the purpose of the experiment "Chunky & Weeone: Making a Connection"?

The purpose of the experiment is to study the interactions and communication between two different species, specifically between a dog and a bird, to better understand their ability to form connections and relationships with each other.

2. How will the experiment be conducted?

The experiment will involve placing the dog and bird in a controlled environment and observing their behavior and interactions. Various stimuli and prompts will be introduced to see how they respond and interact with each other.

3. What are the potential benefits of this experiment?

The experiment can provide insights into the social and cognitive abilities of animals, as well as their capacity for forming bonds with other species. This can also have implications for understanding human-animal relationships and the potential for cross-species communication.

4. Are there any risks involved in the experiment?

As with any experiment involving animals, there are potential risks such as stress or injury. However, all necessary precautions will be taken to ensure the safety and well-being of the dog and bird throughout the experiment.

5. What do you hope to discover from this experiment?

We hope to gain a better understanding of the potential for connections and relationships between different species, as well as the factors that contribute to their formation. This can also have practical applications in improving animal welfare and promoting harmony between different animal species in shared environments.