Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Puppy Up Date

1. Apr 22, 2007 #1

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I posted pics a few weeks back of the new puppy, we are still looking for an official name, current working name is weeone.

Here is Weeone looking over the back of our ex-male cat Chunky. Chunky has become more social since Weeone showed up. He has been pretty reclusive, to the point that he usually leaves the room when I enter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Meja our 1yr old Chilillion along with Chunky and Weeone
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 22, 2007 #2
    Cute pictures Integral! I especially like the first one. Chunky looks like my kitty Aspen.

4. Apr 22, 2007 #3

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thank you,

Chunky is a pretty big cat, but really,really mellow. He is a real scared cat when anyone comes around. Not sure if Ivan as even seen him yet.

I am sure hating digital cameras for this type of pic. My animals are not statues, they move. In the time that passes from shutter squeeze to actual exposure the animals have all moved on. I have lots of shots of tails leaving the pic. :grumpy:

5. Apr 22, 2007 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

You need to get one that is suited for action and sports shots.

How much does that cat weigh? Or is it all fur?

6. Apr 22, 2007 #5
    That cat dwarfs the puppy! Great pics, very cute!

7. Apr 22, 2007 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

My camera has a "kids and animals" setting that is perfect for moving targets. Wow, Chunky seems to live up to his name! :biggrin: It's pretty comical seeing Weeone and Chunky in the same photo. With a puppy so small underfoot, I'd be worried I'd squash him while walking! I hope he's quick to get out of the way.

8. Apr 22, 2007 #7

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

He is a big cat, but there is a lot of hair.

Do Digital SLRs have a better response time? They are getting more afordable, I have had a SLR since the late 60s so am a bit spoiled.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?