Purchase cheap and used text books

In summary, purchasing cheap and used textbooks is a cost-effective way for students to save money on their required course materials. By buying used books, students can often find them at significantly lower prices compared to buying new ones. This can be especially helpful for those on a tight budget or those who want to minimize their expenses. Additionally, buying used textbooks also helps reduce waste and promote sustainability by giving these books a second life instead of them ending up in landfills. Overall, purchasing cheap and used textbooks is a smart and practical choice for students looking to save money and make a positive impact on the environment.
hops1
Hi guys,

I'm still somewhat new to the forum. Been learning quite a bit here.
This coming semester I'll be going back to school. I'll be doing Electrical Engineering.
I was wondering if anybody knew of any online bookstores preferably European (due to shipping)
where I can purchase cheap and used textbooks

Thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
http://www.alibris.co.uk is very good and may just have your textbooks! Give it a try ^^

***Edit: On second thought, I am unsure if they deliver to mainland Europe. I know that they deliver to the UK at the very least though.***

1. How can I find cheap and used text books?

There are several ways to find cheap and used text books. You can check online marketplaces such as Amazon or eBay, visit local thrift stores or secondhand bookstores, or reach out to fellow students to see if they are selling their old textbooks.

2. Are used textbooks in good condition?

The condition of used textbooks can vary. Some may have highlighting or notes, while others may be in almost new condition. It's important to read the description carefully before purchasing and ask the seller any questions you may have about the book's condition.

3. How much money can I save by purchasing used textbooks?

The amount of money you can save by purchasing used textbooks depends on the seller and the condition of the book. However, on average, you can save anywhere from 25-50% off the original price of a new textbook.

4. Can I trust the seller when buying used textbooks online?

When purchasing used textbooks online, it's important to research the seller and read reviews from previous customers. Look for a reputable seller with a high rating to ensure a safe and reliable transaction.

5. Is it better to rent or buy used textbooks?

This ultimately depends on your individual needs and preferences. Renting textbooks can be a more cost-effective option if you only need the book for one semester. However, if you prefer to keep your textbooks as a reference or if the cost of renting is close to the purchase price, buying used textbooks may be a better choice.