Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quality control testing for an electrical product

1. Nov 20, 2016 #1
    I'd like to test the quality and performance of an electrical item I intend to sell.

I was able to find a similar, very high quality product whose quality I'd like analyzed and compared to lower quality alternative.

Who should I send these two product samples to? A third party inspection company? a certain type of engineer? This product's industry is very specialized and the differences in quality may be subtle.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 20, 2016 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

There are professional labs that test electrical products (Underwriter's Lab comes to mind but there are others) but my understanding is that they are VERY expensive.

Off hand I'd say that if you are unaware how to get your product properly tested, then you are competing in a technology that you have little commercial understanding of and that does not bode well for you, but good luck.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted