Quantum telescope (different meaning)

In summary, the term "quantum telescope" is often used in relation to beating diffraction limits. However, the conversation is not about that topic. Instead, it discusses the possibility of establishing quantum communication with a sender who is sending quantum engaged particles to our planet. The person expressing curiosity wonders if there is a method to check if a particle was quantum engaged by someone else, and if this could be used for communication. However, it is not possible to measure if a particle is entangled with something else without access to the partner. Additionally, even if the particles are entangled, a classical communication channel is still needed for actual communication. Finally, the conversation touches on the idea of information traveling in an infinite small time after engaged particles are
nic30
Hello,
term quantum telescope is usually related to beating diffraction limit as described for example there. But my question is not related to it.

Recently I have read paper about Counterfactual quantum communication.
If this really works and someone is sending quantum engaged particles to our planet maybe is possible to establish quantum communication with sender.

It seems to very unreal to me. But if any method can check if particle was quantum engaged wit other and it was measured by someone else? I think not but I believe there could be some statistical method which can do this.

And If there is such a method and is possible to detect streams of incoming engaged particle, is it possible to use them to communicate with sender?

And finally if such a communication can be established does it mean that information can travel in infinite small time after engaged particles were collected and used for communication due infinite small time for propagation to other engaged particle which sender has?

(Do not blame I do not underestand quantum physics at all. I am just curious.)

Physics news on Phys.org
nic30 said:
But if any method can check if particle was quantum engaged wit other and it was measured by someone else?
No. Locally (without access to the partner) you cannot measure if the particle is entangled with anything.

Even if someone tells you the particles in some stream are entangled with something else, you cannot use that alone for communication. You still need a "classical" communication channel. If you don't care about eavesdropping, you can simply use this classical communication channel to communicate.
nic30 said:
And finally if such a communication can be established does it mean that information can travel in infinite small time after engaged particles were collected and used for communication due infinite small time for propagation to other engaged particle which sender has?
No, as you need this classical communication channel.

Wikipedia has an article about it.

1. What is a quantum telescope?

A quantum telescope is a type of telescope that uses quantum entanglement to enhance its resolution and sensitivity. It is a proposed technology that has not yet been developed.

2. How does a quantum telescope work?

A quantum telescope would work by using entangled particles to capture and measure the faintest light from distant objects. This would allow for much higher resolution and sensitivity compared to traditional telescopes.

3. What are the potential benefits of a quantum telescope?

The potential benefits of a quantum telescope include being able to see farther and clearer into the universe, as well as being able to detect and study smaller and more distant objects. It could also provide new insights into the nature of light and quantum mechanics.

4. Are there any challenges to developing a quantum telescope?

Yes, there are several challenges to developing a quantum telescope. These include the need for advanced technology and materials, as well as the difficulty of controlling and manipulating entangled particles. There are also ethical considerations surrounding the use of quantum entanglement.

5. When can we expect to see a quantum telescope in use?

It is difficult to predict when a functional quantum telescope will be developed and in use. Currently, there is ongoing research and development in this area, but there are still many challenges to overcome. It may be several decades before a quantum telescope becomes a reality.