Question about speed of light?

In summary, the speed of light is a constant and cannot be achieved by any object, including a car. However, if we imagine a car traveling at 0.99c and turning on its headlights, the light will appear to move at the speed of light for both the observer in the car and an observer on the road. This is because the speed of light is constant in all reference frames. In the case of a light source traveling at the speed of light, it is impossible as it goes against accepted physics.
tutondrius
question about speed of light?

speed off light is a constant, so if theoretically we travel in empty space in a theoretical car on a theoretical road (no drag) with the speed of light and we turn on the head lights of the car, what would happen? The light form the head lights will stay on one place or it is going to move forward, faster then me, also faster than itself?

p.s. sorry for the bad English

Science news on Phys.org

tutondrius said:
speed off light is a constant, so if theoretically we travel in empty space in a theoretical car on a theoretical road (no drag) with the speed of light and we turn on the head lights of the car, what would happen? The light form the head lights will stay on one place or it is going to move forward, faster then me, also faster than itself?
Forget about a car traveling at the speed of light--that can't happen. Instead, say the car traveled at 0.99c with respect to the road, where c = the speed of light. If you turn on the lights, the observer in the car will see the light move at speed c with respect to the car. An observer on the road will also see the light move at speed c with respect to the road.

ok let me change the question. Only theoretically if a light source is travailing 100% the speed of light. What is happening with the light in the direction it is travailing. And please explain it like you would to a moron.

tutondrius said:
ok let me change the question. Only theoretically if a light source is travailing 100% the speed of light.
I assume you want a factual answer based on accepted physics? If so, the premise of the question is impossible, as things such as light sources cannot travel at the speed of light.

Even theoretically light source cannot travel at 100% of the speed of light.

ok 10x very much. :D

What is the speed of light?

The speed of light is approximately 299,792,458 meters per second in a vacuum.

Why is the speed of light important?

The speed of light is important because it is the fastest possible speed at which energy and information can travel in the universe. It also plays a crucial role in many scientific theories and has practical applications in fields such as telecommunications and space travel.

Who discovered the speed of light?

The first recorded measurement of the speed of light was done by Danish astronomer Ole Rømer in the late 17th century. However, it was not until the 19th century that the speed of light was accurately measured by scientists such as Hippolyte Fizeau and Léon Foucault.

How is the speed of light calculated?

The speed of light is calculated by dividing the distance traveled by the time it takes for light to travel that distance. This can be done using various methods such as the use of mirrors and precise instruments.

Is the speed of light constant?

According to Einstein's theory of relativity, the speed of light is constant in a vacuum and is the same for all observers regardless of their relative motion. This means that no matter how fast an observer is moving, they will always measure the speed of light to be the same value.