Is vBulletin software customizable for different forums?

• Thread starter ~christina~
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses vBulletin, a flexible software used for forums. The speaker notes that they have seen other forums using it, but with different setups and organization. They also mention that they prefer the setup on PF, which has unique features and skins thanks to modifications by Greg and Chroot.
~christina~
Gold Member
I notice that it is something called "v bulletin" but I have come across other forums like a computer forum that I found while trying to fix my computer bug and etc. Besides the fact that the colors were very drab, (army green and a sewer green) I notice it was using "v bulletin" as well. But the set up was quite different and very disorganized, unlike here at PF. I was wondering if it was just a set up and the forums that use it, just modify it to their liking. I assume it is but I was just curious.

I like the set up of the boards on PF :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited:
Thanks christina! vBulletin is flexible software. You can have two communities use the same software and look nothing alike.

FAQ: Is vBulletin software customizable for different forums?

What is the purpose of a forum?

A forum is an online discussion platform where users can exchange information, ideas, and opinions on various topics. It allows for open communication and collaboration among individuals with similar interests.

How do I join a forum?

To join a forum, you will typically need to create an account by providing your email address and choosing a username and password. Some forums may require additional information to register, such as your name or location.

Can I ask any question on a forum?

Forums usually have specific guidelines and rules for what types of questions can be asked. Some forums may be focused on a particular topic or subject, while others may have more general guidelines. It is important to read and follow the forum's rules to ensure your question is appropriate.

Can I trust the information on a forum?

The information on a forum is typically provided by other users, and therefore may not always be reliable. It is important to fact-check and verify information before taking it as fact. Additionally, some forums may have moderators who monitor and remove false or misleading information.

What should I do if I encounter inappropriate content on a forum?

If you come across any inappropriate or offensive content on a forum, you can report it to the forum's moderators or administrators. They will review the content and take appropriate action, such as removing the content or banning the user who posted it.