Where Should I Install an Electric Holding Brake on a Gearbox-Motor System?

In summary, the conversation discusses the installation of an electric holding brake on an electric motor with a gear box. The question is whether the brake should be installed on the output shaft of the gearbox or the shaft of the driving motor. The conclusion is that the holding torque will be multiplied by the gear box ratio, so the holding power will be greater if the brake is installed on the driving motor. Additionally, it is mentioned that the brake should only be installed on the motor shaft.
jaypi
Quick one
If I have an electric motor with a gear box (what ever ratio) and I want to install an electric holding brake will my holding power be greater if the brake is installed on the output shaft of the gearbox or the shaft of the driving motor to the gearbox ?

my educated guess is that the holding tork will be multiplied by the ratio of the gearbox so holding will be greater if installed on the driving motor I am I right?

Engineering news on Phys.org
for your info

I was right in my assumtion
holding tork is directly proportional to the gear box reduction ratio
so holding power is greater if I put the brake on the input side (motor) than the output of the gear box

You are right the brake should be installed on motor shaft only

Not trying to be a spelling nazi, but:
Torque.

:)

1. What is Tork application?

Tork application is a mobile application that helps users manage their time and tasks more efficiently. It allows users to create to-do lists, set reminders, and prioritize tasks to increase productivity.

2. Is Tork application free to use?

Yes, Tork application is completely free to download and use. There are no hidden fees or in-app purchases.

3. Can Tork application be used on multiple devices?

Yes, Tork application can be synced across multiple devices, such as smartphones, tablets, and computers. This allows users to access their tasks and schedules from any device.

4. How does Tork application help with time management?

Tork application helps with time management by providing users with tools to organize and prioritize their tasks. It also allows users to set reminders and track their progress, helping them stay on top of their schedule.

5. Is Tork application compatible with all devices?

Tork application is compatible with both iOS and Android devices. It can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play Store.