Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Questions to ask about the IEEE

1. Oct 18, 2008 #1
    Hello..i have 2 questions to ask about the IEEE,so if someone czn help me,please tell me so i can PM him the questions
    10x

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 19, 2008 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Re: Ieee

The IEEE name was originally an acronym for the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. Like many other organizations, IEEE is known by the 4 letters, IEEE, just as General Electric became known as GE, or International Business Machines is now referred to as IBM, and so on.

About IEEE - http://www.ieee.org/web/aboutus/home/index.html

Membership - http://www.ieee.org/web/membership/home/index.html

Please ask questions in the forum, since others might have similar questions.

4. Dec 12, 2008 #3

I need guidance on how to use IEEE. I joined IEEE on entering my college. I got an IEEE membership and now all I have access to is abstract of the papers. It requests me to buy the paper. Can anyone help me and give me advice on how to use my IEEE membership. So far with the limited access I don’t have much use. I am keen on knowing how I get complete access. My college library has access to all the papers and I download papers through it but now since I am away from my college I find it difficult. Can anyone pls explain me how it all works and how to make use of IEEE as a tool for research.

5. Dec 12, 2008 #4

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

When I was in IEEE, with the membership, one would get a few publications, which were included with that membership. There was a basic membership, but one could also join one of the many divisions (or subdivisions). The division memberships cost extra beyond the IEEE membership, but one would get certain journals free (usually the transactions of that division) and others at a discount. I recommend contacting IEEE membership services by phone or email regarding your question about membership benefits.

6. Dec 12, 2008 #5

ieee has a LOT of societies. i think generally, paid membership to any one society gives you a subscription to its journal, but i don't know about back-issue access. haven't been a member since online journals became the norm.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?