Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Questions you hate

1. Jun 7, 2003 #1

MSI

a lot of people hat to be asked some questions ad example STAii hates to be asked : "do you recognize me?"

just wondering what questions you hate

for me i hate that a girl ask me "do you love me?" i immediatly awnser "no" (weather i love her or not!!) and if she asked "why do you hate me?" i awnser "go and buy your self a lolly pop!"

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 7, 2003 #2

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

A/S/L

4. Jun 7, 2003 #3
    "Do I look fat in this?"

5. Jun 7, 2003 #4
    I ahte it when a Girl comes up to me and asks me if im the Key Master.

6. Jun 7, 2003 #5
    Same here.

7. Jun 7, 2003 #6
    What does "A/S/L" mean?

Age?/Size?/??

8. Jun 7, 2003 #7
    It means age/sex/location

9. Jun 7, 2003 #8
    "What time is it?"

"Cold isn't it?"

"Hot isn't it?"

"So, what's up?"

"How are you?"

Just a few, but NO, I do NOT hate them, they are just questions that I tire of, as they serve little purpose, and most people don't really care "How I am", if it's "hot" or "cold", what really "is up", (the ceiling!) they are simply ways of people trying to make small talk, trite, banal, irrelevant noise, to know that they are still alive, by hearing the sounds of their own voices...I suspect.

10. Jun 7, 2003 #9

Les Sleeth

Gold Member

"Can I see your driver's license and registration please?"

11. Jun 7, 2003 #10

Les Sleeth

Gold Member

LOL! You must be married. For me even worse is, "which of these [fill in the blank __________ shoes, purse, outfits, etc.] do you like better" because it means I am about to be asked to reassure her about her latest purchase , over and over and over and . . . (darling, if you are reading this -- just kidding!!!!).

12. Jun 7, 2003 #11
    Ha, no, I haven't been trapped yet. But yes, any of those lose-lose questions are terrible: like "you think such-and-such is attractive, don't you?" or "do you think it's a problem that we never fight?" (yes, I actually got that one.) I mean, what do you say? If you do what you're supposed to and say of course not, then you just get a stream of "you're just saying that" and disbelieving looks. But God save the poor guy who is naive enough to think it might be good idea to just be honest and say, eg "yes I think she's cute but it doesn't matter cause I love you." :)

13. Jun 8, 2003 #12
    My guy's in the mood MUCH more than I am so I'm starting to dread the "wanna do it?" question.

14. Jun 8, 2003 #13

Dx

just tell he you wanna do him SM style, he'll might leave you alone then. Ask him absurd questions like: you like high voltage electric shock on your testicles and say it really turns you on or tell him to dress up as a woman. Nuff said! Glad I could help you out!

Anyways... might fav hate thing is "Honey can you take the damn trash out!"
    Dx :wink:

PEACE OUT! "The Dxman Cometh!"

15. Jun 8, 2003 #14

Les Sleeth

Gold Member

Yes, but DX, what if when she asks him this his eyes light up, and he runs to get the cattle prod and panties?

16. Jun 8, 2003 #15
    "So, when do you think you can pay this account by, keeping in mind that you have only 7 days and failing payment by then, your service shall be disconnected and you will receive a 50 dollar re-connection fee on top of the outstanding debt?"

17. Jun 8, 2003 #16
    hmm..can't say i hate being asked certain questions...

i just dislike people caught up in all the crappy internet slang..when they ask me questions in slang i get annoyed. What is wrong with propper english?

18. Jun 8, 2003 #17
    I hate being asked "what'ya readin'?". Almost invariably, the person couldn't care less about what I'm reading, and will make themselves seem completely retarded (once I tell them) by saying, "whoah, that's way over my head", or, "you can actually understand that stuff?".

19. Jun 8, 2003 #18
    i know what you mean, mentat.

i also hate the completly mundane talk such as: 'what's up?' 'how are you doing?' (and you know almost no one gives a rat's a** about how you're doing).

20. Jun 8, 2003 #19
    I'm not stalking you...just looked up your profile to see if I want to grant you any CREDIBILITY.

Sounds as tho you've been to Yahoo's Physics Forum. What a lowly group of toads!

More than one of them called me a "crackpot"! Can you BELIEVE it? Me. A crackpot.

I called them "morons" -- with apologies to clinically ordained morons -- and referred to the place as "Airheads Seeking Eggheads".

I was about the give up when I found THIS place. And some say there is no God.

21. Jun 8, 2003 #20
    stalk away, buddy. have i offended you in any way?

oh, and when you're done, can you tell me if i'm credible?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2003
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?