R is the constant in the ideal gas law.

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
the whizz
Messages
32
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


i need to derive the ideal gas law


Homework Equations


this is the equation to end with.

PV=NkT


The Attempt at a Solution



I am not entirely sure where to start with this derivation. I believe Newton laws.

where your going to have Fx= Px/t

anyone guidance on where to get started on this equation.
 
Physics news on Phys.org


I think you need to start with the gas laws stating that

[tex]\frac{P}{T}=Constant[/tex]

[tex]\frac{V}{T}=constant[/tex]

PV=constant.Since the ideal gas law is a combination of those three laws.
 


would this be the constant called k...in the final equation.??

so P = Tk and V = Tk
 


Also you need to use Avogadro's law as welltry to prove that PV/T=C

Where C=V/n
 
Last edited: